Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is not the right forum to post this in.

I went in for a consultation at a local shop and to my surprise they informed me that it was possible to put in an aftermarket dvd unit into my 08 C350. I had previously thought that this was not possible. In the quote they also included speakers and other accessories such as bluetooth. My question is, is it a fair deal? Or could I do better somewhere else?

Quote:

Kenwood kvt-819DVD - $1200
Installation - $225
Custom Faceplate - $520

Kenwood KCA-BT200 - $150
Installation - $75

Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 - $999
Installation - $250

Focal Polyglass 165 VR - $479
Installation - $150

Focal Polyglass 165 CVX - $299
Installation - $95

Digital Designs 3512e 2/2 DVC - $459
Custom Subwoofer Enclosure - $300
Custom Trim Panel - $260

Total : Roughly $5500 with tax and discount, they are going to discount some of the speakers by 10%.

I just don't want to get ripped off.

Any suggestions/comments as to if the speakers are good are welcome also. I know basically nothing about car audio.:confused: Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
I think that just a big rip.. and what a waste of a noce car.. Why didn't you just pay the 3500 for the MMI version. It's all that... Your car isn't going to sound 5,500 dollars greater...
Sorry I just don't get it.

I would put that money into wheels and othere thigs to make my C' pimp.. You'd get better use of your money than wasting it on Audio that's not Allll that better than the stock system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that just a big rip.. and what a waste of a noce car.. Why didn't you just pay the 3500 for the MMI version. It's all that... Your car isn't going to sound 5,500 dollars greater...
Sorry I just don't get it.

I would put that money into wheels and othere thigs to make my C' pimp.. You'd get better use of your money than wasting it on Audio that's not Allll that better than the stock system.
I got the car when it was first out and at the time there were no units with mm available. There was some urgency involved so I couldn't order or wait for one with mm. Initially the dealer told me that I could have the iPod adapter installed, and while that wasn't perfect I figured it would be good enough. Turned out that the iPod adapter was not available if not factory installed. Which basically left me even more dissatisfied with the car.

At this point I'm trying to find a way to at least be content with it before I resort to selling or trading it in. Other than the audio system it isn't a bad car. Thank you for your opinion.

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
I got the car when it was first out and at the time there were no units with mm available. There was some urgency involved so I couldn't order or wait for one with mm. Initially the dealer told me that I could have the iPod adapter installed, and while that wasn't perfect I figured it would be good enough. Turned out that the iPod adapter was not available if not factory installed. Which basically left me even more dissatisfied with the car.

At this point I'm trying to find a way to at least be content with it before I resort to selling or trading it in. Other than the audio system it isn't a bad car. Thank you for your opinion.
$5500 is a decent price for what they will be doing.. Honestly its alot of work to change out the stock system for an aftermarket one and they may actually not fully understand how much work is involved (which is alot). If you decide to do it be prepared for it to take a day longer than the time they give you.

As far as the ipod, the dealer is actually incorrect. You can install the ipod kit but mercedes is telling them to say no because of installation difficulties with the harnessing. I have actually done the ipod kit on a non MM w204 and it works fine. The real trick would be getting it done locally for you.. I dont suppose you are in the chicago area...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information. I wish I were in the Chicago area, I loved it when I was on vacation there a few years ago. I'm moving to the east coast later on during the year, but if I could find the right person to install, I may be willing to take a road trip. Would the same be true of the MM system as it would for the ipod? As in, if someone could put the ipod into a w204 after the fact, would they also be able to put the MM in? This conversation seems familiar and I think I may have discussed this with you in another thread, if so thanks for taking the time to reply again. I am so desperate to fix this issue!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts