Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the Eibachs to my W203 C240and the ride is as good as stock except over rough roads. I did it for cosmetics as I drive 25,000 mostly highway miles a year. I am having a 'jouncy' ride when several people are in my car and assume it is because the stock shocks are not working in their ideal 60% range. I talked to the Eibach rep and several tuners and they ALL recommend Bilstein Sport shocks, which are shorter to accomodate a lower car. But I am concerned about the ride quality. Someone said 15-20% stiffer than stock, but Bilstein's web site site says 30% stiffer than THEIR HD, which is already stiffer than stock. I want a shock that will work properly with the lowered car, but I want the best ride quality, not road-race handling. Someone said Koni, but do they have a shorter shock also? Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes Koni's. ..

Bilstein Sports have a shorter shaft, but only by 2mm. Not that much. It's really up to the amount of dampening the shock can provide. I've used both Bilstein and Koni. Bilsteins are hard but are the best choice for performance. Koni is second in my book, but first in comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts