Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2005 C230 Kompressor 6SP Manual - it's great! Does anybody have a used factory service manual DVD for sale? I can only get them from the dealer and its full price.

Cheers.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Why not just buy the "bootleg" copy of WIS on eBay. Better yet, for about $500, you can get the Chinese clone complete SDS which includes the diagnostic system and WIS.

·
Registered
2006 MB C230 Sport
55 Posts
Could you provide a link to one of these or if you have one perhaps the one you got. All I can find is the ones on eBay and a complete SDS C3 or C4 are $5500+

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Here's one:

Mercedes Benz Star Diagnostic Compact 3 Diagnosis MB Star C3 Sdconnect | eBay

And another:

Mercedes Benz Star Compact 4 Car Diagnostics with HDD Software | eBay

One key thing to look for, like mentioned in the first listing, is to get the external HDD version that works with any computer. This setup require no installation - it just uses VMware player and to launch a "virtual machine" on your PC where everything has already been installed. My advice would be to contact the seller in advance to verify that is what they sell. Then, all you need is a PC with an RS232 port, although I think some of the "C4" versions use a USB wireless "dongle" to talk to the multiplexer, and that is even better - no need for a PC with an RS232 (as that is becoming more rare), plus fewer cables to deal with.

·
Registered
2002 C240
171 Posts
I bought Factory Service DVD from MBUSA.com for $65. If it can save you a couple of hours googling something, it's worth it. There are just not a lot of DYIs for Benzes as there is for VWs for example.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought Factory Service DVD from MBUSA.com for $65. If it can save you a couple of hours googling something, it's worth it. There are just not a lot of DYIs for Benzes as there is for VWs for example.
Is this still available? 1-800-FOR-MERC is also informing that these aren't being offered anymore and are directing to the online service.

·
Registered
2002 C240
171 Posts
Ask them for part number P-2700-203-07.

There's an older number P-2700-203-06 floating around and when I called them they said they didn't have it anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, I just tried again and got the same response. I was told they're not available anymore. If anyone has any tips, I'd like to hear them...

Maybe I'm talking to the wrong department? I'm punching through to customer service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts