Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've looked into finnish forums about MB C 200 year 2001 problem.
Problem is that time to time vehicle is loosing power. I hit the pedal and nothing happens. It only slowly goes ahead. And engine light on. All of a sudden car might work fine only engine light is still on.

There has been/pending following fault codes:

P0410
P0340
P0341
P0712

What have i done already:

- changed air flow(mass) meter twice
- changed overhead cam shaft position sensor (repair shop suggested it because old one had some little holes that spilled oil)
- opened ECU and checked that there is no oil, it was clean
- checked front lambda just to make sure there is no oil in it or oil in connectors...there was none

Picture below shows few connectors (circled in not the rightward) that are oily.

Mersuforum.net • Informaatio

Next to do is to change front lambda sensor. Not sure that it helps anything but i have to try it.

Any ideas what to do? I'm so lost. I can't take car to a local dealer because i do not have that much money to spend.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
Your link to the photos isn't working. This does seem like a problem with oil wicking into the wiring and causing shorts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh...picture is working fine with me.

I changed lambda yesterday and at first it seemed that it helped alot but today i went for a test drive and the problem was back again.

Could it really be the wiring?

Any other cheap solutions at first?

There is another thing that has an oil leak...camshaft regulator (if that is the name). Any ideas about that?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
the picture only works if you are a member of the forum you link to, which you are but most other people aren't.

throwing parts at an unknown problem is never cheap.

there is lots of info about oil in connectors from leaking camshaft magnets. not sure what camshaft regulator is though.

·
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
In addition to oil in the camshaft sensor magnets, there was also a problem with oil wicking into the ECU. I'm not sure if the C200 was affected, but some C230's with the 1.8l were affected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have opened ECU and there was not a drop of oil.

So things to do:
- clean wiring loom
- change camshaft magnet leaking oil

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Camshaft magnet is changed. No change at behavior of car. There is this camshaft position sensor that i have changed earlier but did not touch the plug on wire. I seems to be broken a little bit. So next thing to do is change the plug.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back with this problem. I'm still having troubles to fix this. I have signed on to many forums but no solution yet.

So far this is what i have done:

- changed MAF twice
- changed the camshaft position sensor + plug for the wire on the sensors end
- changed front lambda
- checked ECU for oil and there was none
- camshaft position controller (magnet)
- check valve (A 002 140 68 60)
- changed air filter
- changed oil filter and oil
- changed fuel filter
- cleared purge valve (i don't hear any ticking sound)
- cleared air shut off valve, wich was stucked. Now air is moving freely.
- checked throttle body and that might need some cleaning

What i'm going to do now is that i clean MAF. Last time i was on STAR it said that i should change MAF but i can't believe that 'cause that would be a third one.

I have had two test drives one yesterday and one this morning. We have about -15 degrees celcius at the moment.

What i noticed was that starting car and driving about 9km and then stopping car, shut off engine and everything worked fine to this point.
Waiting couple of minutes and started car, started driving and power was lost again. Even when i hit the pedal down it just slowly moves on. Engine temp was about 80 degrees celcius at this point.

I think that if i don't shut off engine it works fine but as soon as i shut off and start again problems arise again.

I noticed one more thing that when I started a rapid acceleration the automatic transmission jumped into the neutral position even i had Drive position on. I shut off car and started again and transmission worked fine again. I don't know if this has something to do wit this whole situation.

Any ideas?

·
19,441 Posts
If you have over 100K miles, I might look at it being catalytic converters that have reached end-of-life and are coming apart and clogging the exhaust system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could catalytic converters cause these p034x codes?
What is the best way to find out if cat converters are broken?

·
19,441 Posts
Nope, P0340 and P0341 are problems with the intake camshaft position sensor.

·
Registered
C200K 2001
55 Posts
You have a M111.955 2.0 l Kompressor, right?
If you discover power loss next time, do the following before the Engine light is on!
Stop the car, Engine off for 5s. Switch ignition on for 15s, then off 5s, on for 45s, off 5s. After that, start the engine. If you have full power again, this was a Kompressor bypass valve malfunction. This valve has no designated trouble code.
This is a common error of the M111Evo supercharger engine.
Solution? Nobody knows and MB don't care, just changing parts without sense.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No luck with this.
Still having this endless battle.

I tried this relearning and it did not work.

One mechanic said it could be the chain. I refuse to believe it. This is m111.955 engine.

After last test drive there is code for p0340 and p200c.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts