First of all, I just purchased a new w203.<br>
<br>
Dealer wanted $1000 for installation of a CD changer.<br>
<br>
I nearly fell over when i heard this.<br>
<br>
Anyway...<br>
<br>
I am looking for a place to buy a factory MB w203 cd changer. Doing a little research I heard that you need to go back to the dealer to 'activate' the cd controls so you can control it from the steering wheel? Correct???<br>
<br>
So here is where I need some assistance:<br>
<br>
1. Where do I buy changer? I heard $399 is the lowest price.<br>
<br>
2. What other stuff do i need to install? Bracket? fiber optic adapter?<br>
<br>
3. Detail instructions on how to install it?<br>
<br>
Thank you for your attention.<br>
<br>
Dan Wang<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Autoclass.net is probably the cheapest or you can get the MB In-Dash unit

Also check out e-bay. Remember to make sure it's for the W203 (changer or in-dash) or it may not fit. I paid $228 shipped for a used MB Audio 10-CD from a German that upgraded to a command system. They sound way better than the U.S. cassette unit. I paid about $450 shipped for the changer from Autoclass.net 8 months ago when the exchange rate was more favorable.<br> <br> The changer requires a fiber cable and bracket. It should be about $500 shipped and many dealers will install it for about $120. Instructions below. <br> <br>

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Autoclass.net is probably the cheapest or you can get the MB In-Dash unit

The only other changer other than the MB-Alpine unit is the Becker Silverstone 2662. It is cheaper than the MB changer, but may not fit in the globebox.

·
Registered
03 c230 kompressor
10 Posts
cd changer

dan,

are you still looking for a cd changer?

i just bought a w203, 2003 c230, replacing stock system. i live in san diego but will be going up to bay area next week.

let me know if you still need one and we can hook up.

its brand new...

kwan
510 396 9766 cell
[email protected]

·
Registered
42 Posts
here's another question, if i go ahead and install a CD changer (i'd prefer one that wor...

here's another question, if i go ahead and install a CD changer (i'd prefer one that works with the OEM headunit), will it affect the warranty at all?

and am i pretty much stuck with the factory changer if i want it to work with the stock headunit?

·
Registered
2002 C320 Wagon
76 Posts
It should not affect warranty and it should not require the dealer to do anything. Just g...

It should not affect warranty and it should not require the dealer to do anything. Just get the right model and FO connector, follow the instructions and that's it!

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
Another Option

Another Option would Be to Install a Mercedes Comand and have a GPS/Cd player!

If Interested in a Comand Contact Steve @www.Mbenz.nl

·
Registered
15 Posts
CHANGER WORKING?

DID you ever get our changer to work!

Mine will not recognize the changer, I was told also that I had to have the Dealer turn on th controls for me! Was this the case for you as well?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts