Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me exactly where the amplifier is found on a 2002 c-class classic (w203). I've found the seven speakers, but no amp. Any info is appreciated. THANKS.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since you say you have found seven speakers, I take it that you do not have the Bose upgrade. In that case the amp in the headunit is used. Only the bose system has a separate amp. I believe the Bose amp is located in the rear of the car between the left quarter panel and the trunk wall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
not there....it's here--->

No, you are wrong. I just pulled my amp out last weekend. In the C Coupe, the Bose amp is located below the Rear Passenger Side 'side' airbag. That is, if you are sitting in the back seat on the passenger side, to your right there is an airbag...the amp is behind that panel about 8" below the airbag. Good luck getting that panel off too...it's a pain!

Jakobud

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amp Replacement

Lynn-
I had no am reception in my car ('02 C230-with stock HU-no Bose) and took it into the dealer for repair. They said that they had to put in a new amp. Does that mean they put in a new HU or do you think they put in the Bose amp?
THX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts