Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C180K Classic SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some heating issues with my '05 C180K. The issue being the temp gauge never goes above 50 even after a 15-20 mile drive, there is very little hot air through the heating system. Could it be a faulty thermostat ? I know the temp guage does work as it will go as high as 80 ( but I had to leave the car running in the garage for about 2 hrs to get to that point ) :confused: :confused: :confused:.

·
Registered
2005 C180K Classic SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ontmiss - as I had suspected. The mechanic I use has ordered one from MB for me - but this particular dealership questioned it as " we have never had anyone replaced one of these on a car of that age". I hope it gets here soon as its been snowing here for 3 weeks and the temp goes as low as -18. This is when I miss my warm car most.
I have a full warranty on the car and should Ideally get the garage to repair this under warranty but I dont trust the garage or their untrained mechanics - so will pay for the work to be done myself by someone whom I trust with my cars . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 C180K Classic SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE :- New thermostat fitted £26, and 5 minutes to fit - temp gauge is working and heater back up to temp - I now have a warm car again for this cold weather :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts