Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
W202 / GTR
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

I have made some search but didn't found what i wanted.

I have a 97 pré facelift w202 classic version.

I have the 8 speakers sound system but it's shity so i bought :

1) A pair of 165 CVX focal front speakers
2) a pair of 130 CVX focal rear speakers

I have bougnt from the internet a set of adaptors from the UK (autolead SAK2001 & SAK2003) but i am having some issue with the mounting of all that

Here are some pictures:

1) BACK DOORS

How is it supposed to fit? shall I remove something else?

What's under the white cover? is it removable?

2) FRONT DOORS

Same question : how is it supposed to fit? Am I supposed to remove something else?

thanks for your answers

·
Registered
300CE-24, W204 C220 CDI, W210 E55 AMG, W124 300TE, W163 ML270 CDI
399 Posts
guys,

I have made some search but didn't found what i wanted.

I have a 97 pré facelift w202 classic version.

I have the 8 speakers sound system but it's shity so i bought :

1) A pair of 165 CVX focal front speakers
2) a pair of 130 CVX focal rear speakers

I have bougnt from the internet a set of adaptors from the UK (autolead SAK2001 & SAK2003) but i am having some issue with the mounting of all that

Here are some pictures:

1) BACK DOORS

How is it supposed to fit? shall I remove something else?

What's under the white cover? is it removable?

2) FRONT DOORS

Same question : how is it supposed to fit? Am I supposed to remove something else?

thanks for your answers
Well, do you have a standard radio unit? If not, then I suggest changing it, possibly get a double din conversion to a more powerful module.
Second, I believe the C has 10 speakers, well mine does. Open your trunk, and take a look underneath, you will notice theres 4 speaker butts :) Maybe I'm wrong with this, but that's what i see in mine. Second, you need to bias the sound to come from the rear. The dash speakers are extremely bad; they should only compliment the sound and not take up 70% of the sound, which is what most standard radio modules will do with it. They are quite a low wattage.

I believe the white cover comes off, I think there are K clips (I believe thats what they are called) holding the white cover. When I opened up mine, I didn't see anything like this, it came out with the rest of the interior. Try and pry it gently off, look for clips as you are doing this, the clips are plastic.

The focal speakers are Ok, If I were you, I would change the dash speakers and the rearmost speakers also...Doing this means you'll need a good module though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
W202 / GTR
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you answer.

Mine have 8 speakers (French model). I have already an alpine unit ...

THe issue is fitting those new speakers..

I am going to try to remove this white cover and see that happens...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts