Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okey, so I have a problem with starting my car, it is 99' c280. I have read trough many posts and tried the common k38 relay bypass technique... no good.
It all started after I changed the battery, the car would start normally before. After the battery change the engine will not crank. The starter turns the crank for about split second and is then interrupted. Personally to me it looks like anti-theft system disconnects the starter before it can turn the engine over. Seriously I have no clue, it used to work perfect before.
PS. It is not the battery, not the starter and not the solenoid, alarm works good too. Any ideas? :crybaby2:

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
1,271 Posts
Okey, so I have a problem with starting my car, it is 99' c280. I have read trough many posts and tried the common k38 relay bypass technique... no good.
It all started after I changed the battery, the car would start normally before. After the battery change the engine will not crank. The starter turns the crank for about split second and is then interrupted. Personally to me it looks like anti-theft system disconnects the starter before it can turn the engine over. Seriously I have no clue, it used to work perfect before.
PS. It is not the battery, not the starter and not the solenoid, alarm works good too. Any ideas? :crybaby2:
Yeah; this one is like trying to chase a Rabbit in the dark.
OK I assume you have the right SIZE battery, CCA, for your car.
Are you absolutely positive the cables are on ok?
That they are not pinched somewhere. Maybe when you were removing them the cables were pinched, or the ground screw became loose.
Check it.
Can't be the anti theft system because your Key authorizes the Engine crank.
While you are at it, just for giggles, check your fuses.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried checking the fuses, and all the relays appear to be okey. Battery cables are good too. Any other ideas? :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts