Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Mercedes ownership and am the proud owner of a W202 220 CDI Sport. I'm slowly restoring the car, and have come across an issue with my sunroof. The sunroof ripped off the car whilst driving along one day, and luckily it didn't hit anyone and I managed to retrieve the sunroof in one piece!

Unfortunately, the metal frame which held the glass to the car was rotten but managed to find a fabricator to restore them. The old seal is full of rust, and I'm trying to find the correct part number for the seal.

I have received one from a supplier which was incorrect, as I believe it is designed for the metal sunroof and not the glass option. The part number for that incorrect part is X-ref: 1247800298. I cross-referenced this with Mercedes parts, and they told me that this was the correct part number for the car, which makes me think that my car has possibly been retrofitted with a glass sunroof at some point in its life, even though the install looks factory.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum could offer some insight or point me in the right direction to find the right part? The car is in a sorry state at the moment with a blue tarp over the top of it :/

Looking forward to delving into the forum, and learning more about these fantastic machines

H

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, was hoping to try and do that, but unfortunately, the steel supports get rotten on them and would need to replace the seal once again.
I've spent most of the day trying to resolve this issue, and it looks like im going to have to clean up the old seal and reuse it. Independent Webasto fitters cant help as they were not privy to the same parts as Mercedes got Webasto to build their sunroofs under licence.
My last option is to find someone else's w202 with a glass sunroof and use their car details to find the correct part number.

Thanks for your help

H

1 - 3 of 3 Posts