Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, i just bought an amazing -94 c180 but i have now noticed that the "rev limiter" stands in when in gear att 4000revs, i've read alot about this and apperantly mb have a rev limit of 4000 when stationary, this goes in even when im driving as seen in the video. I have a manual car, would like som proffesional help before looking up the codes at a mechanic. If im stationary then this rev limit goes in even at 2700. I've checked the throttle house and it seemed ok. Here is link with videos
Sorry for my bad english when it comes to cars.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,721 Posts
Hello folks, i just bought an amazing -94 c180 but i have now noticed that the "rev limiter" stands in when in gear att 4000revs, i've read alot about this and apperantly mb have a rev limit of 4000 when stationary, this goes in even when im driving as seen in the video. I have a manual car, would like som proffesional help before looking up the codes at a mechanic. If im stationary then this rev limit goes in even at 2700. I've checked the throttle house and it seemed ok. Here is link with videos
Welcome phixip, :)

Reading material - https://www.benzworld.org/threads/w202-220-rev-limiter-while-driving.1365687/

Invest in a good scanner, or go borrow one. Post any codes you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Mine did the same. Turns out may ecm was replaced with one of automatic gear.
The cutoff would happen in first gear only at about 4000rpm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome phixip, :)

Reading material - https://www.benzworld.org/threads/w202-220-rev-limiter-while-driving.1365687/

Invest in a good scanner, or go borrow one. Post any codes you find.
Hello. Mine did the same. Turns out may ecm was replaced with one of automatic gear.
The cutoff would happen in first gear only at about 4000rpm
Thank you, will try this :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts