Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys - First time post on this forum
This car quit in a parking lot and was recovered to my premises.
Central locking not working via remote and also inop. via manual door lock. When ignition switched on "Start Error" displayed on instrument cluster and starter motor inoprerative. Retrieved code P1570 (Intermittant non start-immobiliser module). Additionally, the red LED to the right of the steering wheel is inoperative (Right Hand Drive). Only one key available for this vehicle so unable to rule out key at this point. Any clues?

·
Registered
1988 300 TE. 2001 ML 55AMG The Shop is Open!!!
328 Posts
Brian Hemming said:
Hi Guys - First time post on this forum
This car quit in a parking lot and was recovered to my premises.
Central locking not working via remote and also inop. via manual door lock. When ignition switched on "Start Error" displayed on instrument cluster and starter motor inoprerative. Retrieved code P1570 (Intermittant non start-immobiliser module). Additionally, the red LED to the right of the steering wheel is inoperative (Right Hand Drive). Only one key available for this vehicle so unable to rule out key at this point. Any clues?
Your start immobilizer has failed. This a recurrent problem on the 163 chassis, I think the 168 shares it the same technology.

Happy Benzing!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am haven a problem with my ML 350... Start Error.... can someone help me out with the solution.... i will be glad to hear from someone

·
Registered
1998 ML320
1 Posts
I am having the similar issues as Jumijon. Mechanic says definitely need DAS but hasnt been able to tell me exactly what he has done to verify isnt just a key problem. HELP!!

I don't know exactly what all of the symptoms my car has just yet but want to be prepared with the information/knowledge so I can know if/what he tells me it is or isnt doing so I can be comfortable with I am being told is needed.

What I do know....

Stalled at stop light
Battery died while trying to crank multiple times to get started
Mechanic said no fuel pressure so replaced Pump and Filter
Per mechanic now has pressure but starts then dies in 30 seconds
Only code is P1570

What else I would like to know......

Does the "Start Error" mean key or DAS?
Does the LED not working mean key or DAS?
How do you know for sure it is an actual DAS and not just a bad key?

Thanks!

313 4x4 ,E320 CDI X 4,A160,A170 CDI ,W123,420 SEL,S420 L,420SEC,230,SLK230K, C180 ,C200,C230K, C230K
234 Posts
The ring has nothing to do with it, it see my post for start error, it is to with the wsp and ecu not communicating, main dealers cant fix this , they will sell you another ecu etc, after charging you for the privalige of plugging it in, DAS is the Diagnosis Assistance System, If you want more help give me a shout,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Normaly the AAM & EAAM need to be coded to accept the new or existing key , the dealer has a star diagnostic which would be able to test the key and possibly re sync it with the AAM or if your vehicle has an EAAM as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for bringing back this old post but Im sure you guys will help me with this, specially lofty.. So I own a 2000 Petrol A160, It only has 1 Key FOB, it has new batteries and all, it unlocks and lock the car without any issue at all, the problema I have is that, when I try to start the vehicle and roll the key to start the car nothing happens, its like the battery is dead although the battery is good, everything lights up but the car won´t even crank, so, after trying a couple of times the car will finally start and will stay on for as long as I want or need, it doenst die, now, the acs is failing and the car is always on neutral before starting, I dont know if the fail on the acs will cause this problem. Something else, whenever the car starts I have to really apply pressure to the key so the car will start ¿Do you think it has to do something with the immo? Or should I test all the wiring on the ignition switch?

·
Registered
2001 ML320 W163
42 Posts
We also are looking for help, (We have a New fault) No start, with No central lock, No Stop light & no Park interlock release. These are all interrelated as happened at same time.
Battery is good & charged to confirm full, all fuses look OK,
History:- Key central lock has never worked, (Batt in key OK) & lately engine goes to Idle only if when decelerating the revs go below 1400rpm, so if we use gears & downshift early enough to keep RPM above 2000, it goes OK, or slight throttle on while braking. we need to solve that problem also.
But main prob at the moment is ~~ No Start~~
Please help !!
John & Joy

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have thew same problem of my car when i rtying to start it crank only doesnt agling and it shows start error ,please help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts