Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just seen one here in Queens and you know what? They look better in person then they do in pictures. I think it's starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Too cross-overish for me stylewise...but the improvements to the interior aesthetics and electronics are wonderful. Maybe will grow on me too.

·
Registered
'05 ML350SE
1,395 Posts
The larger front leg room is what caught my attention.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,548 Posts
They seem to be selling quite well here in MD. I have seen quite a few already.

The interior is great (except for those console bars) and the overall design is fine, but I still like the W163 design better.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
RE: They seem to be selling quite well here in MD. I have seen quite a few already.

l have to agree with "D"....l still like the W163 better...The new style is "too Japanese" for my liking......lf you removed the front emblem, from the W164, you would be hard pressed to say it was a Mercedes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2010 ML350 Bluetec
519 Posts
I agree, I saw one the other day, it was nicer than I thought too..

Bklyn1971 - 4/24/2005 4:49 PM

I just seen one here in Queens and you know what? They look better in person then they do in pictures. I think it's starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
98 ML320& 05 ML350SE
147 Posts
W164 vs W163 side by side at the dealer today

Went by the local MB dealer today to take a look at the W164 - they had one in the service bay right next to a W163 and from the back end the W164 looks pretty nice - refreshed looking, familiar, but not "stunning".

Anyway, it was a new customer car in for PS airbag recalibration (?) so I was not able to sit inside. The salesman opened the tailgate and what struck me was it appears to be much narrower and the sloping rear hatch limits the loading capacity much like the X5.

Nice looking interior too, but until I get to drive it, not what I would call a new benchmark from first impressions.

What is up is price - the MSRP in Canada for the base model is just under Cdn $60K, but with a few items to bring it up to a similar kit as my 2005 ML350SE the truck will top $C69K - almost $10K more than the MSRP on the 350SE.

Good to see that it isnt a radical makeover too, as I think this will not result in huge depreciation of the W163. (I leased the 2005 anyway with a high residual, low APR, and pretty decent discount on list.)

·
Registered
2000 ML320
110 Posts
RE: They seem to be selling quite well here in MD. I have seen quite a few already.

C-Rod - 4/25/2005 10:28 PM

l have to agree with "D"....l still like the W163 better...The new style is "too Japanese" for my liking......lf you removed the front emblem, from the W164, you would be hard pressed to say it was a Mercedes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I saw one on the street here In westchester Ny and I must say It looked alright, but instead of having a distinctive look all It's own(like the X5,FX45, RX and all other mercedes vehicles),It looked like a mix and mash offspring of a bunch of japanese trucks.I prefer the w163, It has more of a truck appearrance than the w164.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts