Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! :)
I have bought a W164 -06 with audio 20. No phone cradle.
Now I would like to get BT for pairing my Iphone.
Is this possible by just buying and installing the new audio 20 with bluetooth, i.e.:

PART NUMBER: A 164 900 19 01

MODEL: MF2840

Is it just plug and play or do I need bt antenna, antenna splitters etc? :confused:

Thx for any help!

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Hi all! :)
I have bought a W164 -06 with audio 20. No phone cradle.
Now I would like to get BT for pairing my Iphone.
Is this possible by just buying and installing the new audio 20 with bluetooth, i.e.:

PART NUMBER: A 164 900 19 01

MODEL: MF2840

Is it just plug and play or do I need bt antenna, antenna splitters etc? :confused:

Thx for any help!
Before you buy parts, you should get hold on the wiring diagrams, for both options (your current head unit and one for the new head unit).

Often the connectors are not compatible (one-to-one), I did not look at the W164 but the retrofit kit from Comand Online does not seem to have the quadlock adapter, perhaps the 164 head unit connectors are then compatible.
Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W164 ML/GL & W251 R :: A/B/CLC/ML/GL/R COMAND NTG2.5 (Hard Disk) retrofit kit - cars without phone.

You should buy one of the retrofit kits, kabeldaviko has some too, the BT antenna would be included plus the microphone which your car most likely does not have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thx a lot.
Is the wiring diagrams available from anywhere else than Star Diagnostics (which I don´t have...) ?

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Ok, thx a lot.
Is the wiring diagrams available from anywhere else than Star Diagnostics (which I don´t have...) ?
You could subscribe to the on-line service for a short period and download all the documents you want (print pdf-files).
Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

Of course purchasing the Star diagnosis tool would not be a bad idea for any MB enthusiast, just costs a bit more than an hour at on-line WIS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts