Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I actually have the Autel MD808....
I've only plugged it in once tbh, only to see if showed up anything different to Carly which it didn't, the codes Carly showed up were the same (I purposely didn't clear any from the Carly scan)... I dunno if I've missed something and I only used it for one scan one time but it doesn't seem to scan everything...??? Engine, transmission, ESP module and something else I cant remember...!! But only 4 things...
I plugged it into the Mac downloaded all the updates etc before I used it as well...

Remember being surprised as I was expecting it to cover everything....

Have I missed something with it...???

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just seems weird that nothing is showing on the dash, assuming there's a fault... :|
I have a Range Rover Sport Supercharged as well, which had a leaky spring and a shot compressor, comes up on dash with suspension fault...
I had an Audi S8 as well which also had leaky springs and that would also come up on the dash...

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will only see the CEL if it is something important, eng. trans., ESP, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You will only see the CEL if it is something important, eng. trans., ESP, etc.
Well, plugged in the Autel this morning, scanned everything I could but no mention of anything related to suspension.... :frown
Only 2 faults with motor and 2 with ESP... Other than that, clean as a whistle...

What could it be then...???!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is your scanner able to read codes in Airmatic cont. module?
If it does, I don't know how to do it...!!
Was pissing about with it for ages this morning trying out literally everything....
The only modules that show up for scanning seem to be Transmission, Motor, ESP and Airbag...
On another page I can get to the steering angle sensor and battery manager plus the OBD port...

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know anything about your scanner, but look to see if there is a Chassis section which includes Airmatic, ESP, Tire Pressure Monitor and Elec. Power Steering.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As you already know there are too many codes to deal with. You will have to find a mechanic with a Mercedes SDS Scanner to read the codes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Under the hood in top of the suspension mount there is a vacuum hose that goes into the air shock that has a brass compression hex nut. I think it’s a 10mm. I hear that those can loosen and leak.

See if that’s loose.

Every time I shut my 63 off when it’s in comfort or auto it goes down and rests on the bump stop. I hear a woosh when you close the door or if you sit in the car after you turn it off for about 20 seconds and it drops. The only time it stays up and not got down to the bump stop is if I press the raise button and it’s completely raised.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought the Autel scanner as all I've seen people saying this is definitely the best one etc etc...
But having now used it, I'd say that Carly is the better option, it knows there is 70 ECUs in the car and it will get an answer from almost half of them....
As you can see, it has checked the Airmatic ECU and it is showing no faults... And never has done...
So, no idea why the car is dropping like this...

Attachments

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,826 Posts
I bought the Autel scanner as all I've seen people saying this is definitely the best one etc etc...
But having now used it, I'd say that Carly is the better option, it knows there is 70 ECUs in the car and it will get an answer from almost half of them....
I think the problem is that you have the Autel MD808 which only scans a few systems. My understanding is that you need the Autel MD802 Elite in order to scan all the car's systems. But I have no hands-on experience with the Autel units. I am only guessing based on reading the experiences of others in the forum. I use SDS myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Under the hood in top of the suspension mount there is a vacuum hose that goes into the air shock that has a brass compression hex nut. I think it’s a 10mm. I hear that those can loosen and leak.

See if that’s loose.

Every time I shut my 63 off when it’s in comfort or auto it goes down and rests on the bump stop. I hear a woosh when you close the door or if you sit in the car after you turn it off for about 20 seconds and it drops. The only time it stays up and not got down to the bump stop is if I press the raise button and it’s completely raised.
Will check that, thank you....
Yeh, mine seems weird as it doesn't do it all the time, sometimes when it does, it can be one side or both, it only happens about 40% of the time too...
But yeh, I always here that woos of air tho as I'm walking away from the car...!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think the problem is that you have the Autel MD808 which only scans a few systems. My understanding is that you need the Autel MD802 Elite in order to scan all the car's systems. But I have no hands-on experience with the Autel units. I am only guessing based on reading the experiences of others in the forum. I use SDS myself.
Well, i did do a bit of homework before I bought it, you can see the model comparison on Autel website as to what each model does and doesn't do, looked to me like the 808 did everything the 802 does and more, there was about $10 difference in price, hence I went for the 808....
I wish I could afford SDS lol, but tbh, for what I need it for which is nothing more than checking, Carly is perfect and seems to do a lot more than the Autel does...
If there is any issue, it goes to the mechanic anyways and he has Star and SDS... :smile

As you can see in the pics, Carly covers pretty much everything.... Plus all the OBD stuff and Live Data, I believe that includes steering angle as well.......
Only thing I noticed that Autel does that Carly doesn't yet is Battery Management...

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts