Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to repair the coin tray or drawer assembly when it won't stay closed? I have it removed. Thanks.

·
Registered
'06 ML500
34 Posts
I could not figure out a solution so I had the dealer look at it and they had to replace it. I have to check the receipt but I think they replaced the drawer itself.
I think there's a gear that strips. Sorry that's all the info I can provide until I check the bill. It was last year so it's a little foggy now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ML coin tray

Does anyone know how to repair the coin tray or drawer assembly when it won't stay closed? I have it removed. Thanks.
Hi
I have the same problem in that is will not stay closed, looking at instructions on line to remove the cover around the tray it says remove ashtray, OK, done. Put two fingers either side of panel, push up and pull forward, did not work for me. Could I ask how you removed yours, many thanks.

·
Registered
2006 ML 350 (my first Benz)
95 Posts
same here, dealer wants $250.00 so I leave it open and sometimes slide a piece of thick cardboard into the side as I close it to hold it there. Its ghetto...I know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
same here, dealer wants $250.00 so I leave it open and sometimes slide a piece of thick cardboard into the side as I close it to hold it there. Its ghetto...I know.
See my post - 2006 ML350 Coin Tray Removal

When the tray is out there is a silver right angle control at the back left hand edge, turning that locks the tray closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts