Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320 w/ AMG Sport Package
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh..it's been raining all days and nights. I manage to kill sometime by installing this aftermarket headlight on my ML320. Personally I believe it is the most updated headlight available ( just like the w164 headlight style, with the light stripe underneath the projector light)

Here are some pictures..what do you guys think? :D

I replace the LED instead of regular bulb for the turn signal. It's so bright!

*****Xenon Lo-Beam in On********

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
Ugh..it's been raining all days and nights. I manage to kill sometime by installing this aftermarket headlight on my ML320. Personally I believe it is the most updated headlight available ( just like the w164 headlight style, with the light stripe underneath the projector light)

Here are some pictures..what do you guys think? :D

I replace the LED instead of regular bulb for the turn signal. It's so bright!

*****Xenon Lo-Beam in On********

Thanks so much for posting those pictures kylehusky.

I have seen those on ebay and they looked nice but I was wondering how they'd actually look on an ML - They look fantastic!:thumbsup:

Please let us know where you purchased them and how much they cost?

Are they Bi-Xenon and compatible with factory existing bi-xenons from an '02 ML? ie. Plug and play?

Thanks again and ENJOY!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
It doesn't look bad, but I don't really see the point in this versus the OEM projectors or the aftermarket that looks like the OEM except with the angel eyes. The lower strip on the W164 is for the turn signals, iirc. The W163 has the turn signals on the very side, so the strip on the bottom of these is pretty much useless. It's just another bulb that will eventually need replacing, that didn't really need it...

·
Registered
2002 ML 320, 2004 Audi Avant A4
212 Posts
I like these. Where did you get them, Ebay?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's just another bulb that will eventually need replacing, that didn't really need it...
I agree your point, but I don't mind replacing the bulb because i think it looks good..:p

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Please let us know where you purchased them and how much they cost?

Are they Bi-Xenon and compatible with factory existing bi-xenons from an '02 ML? ie. Plug and play?

Thanks again and ENJOY!:thumbsup:
I bought them from eBay for $300+ shipped but it's definitely not a good experience. I received them from the mail and both headlights are broken! I actually have to file a complaint on Paypal to have the seller resend them to me. The seller sent me the replacement but you know what? I got them in the mail once again but the clips on the right headlight are broken, I have to DIY it to make it work. It's very annoying. I highly not recommonded buying it from eBay. :mad:

They are halogon headlights, and the ring itself is neither Halogon nor Xenon, they call it CCFL, I don't know what it is, but I just know that if they burn out I will have no clue how to replace it. There isn't any slot or hole that i can access the ring in the headlight housing.

At the time I install this headlight I also install an aftermarket HID kit with it. I use 5000K HID try to make it looks stock. So, I don't think it support the factory existing bi-xenons on your ML. You have the bi-xenon - even better!

After installing, it takes me 20 mins or so to do the headlight alignment.

Yes i do love the ML so much! :)

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
CCFL= fluorescent. Yeah, I think replacing might be a little difficult. I wonder what BMW uses- CCFL or LED?

·
Registered
S, ML, 08 GL550, GLS450
68 Posts
do you have pictures of the just the halo on from far away (not just the headlight unit, but the whole front of the car) during the day and night?

could you post please? thanks

those lights are sick btw :)

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
do you have pictures of the just the halo on from far away (not just the headlight unit, but the whole front of the car) during the day and night?

could you post please? thanks

those lights are sick btw :)
It's not exactly what you require ursofakingdom; but have a look at this picture from one of the Ebay sellers:

Attachments

·
Registered
S, ML, 08 GL550, GLS450
68 Posts
It's not exactly what you require ursofakingdom; but have a look at this picture from one of the Ebay sellers:
yea, i've seen this pic before. however, i know that that ml has the headlights photoshopped in. This is because i've seen the same picture but with different headlights before.

that's why im trying to see if anyone has actual pictures of these headlights with just the halo on during the day and night from a distance.

·
Registered
98 Ml320
111 Posts
Can someone tell me what type of bulb the city lights are? And how can i disable the CCFL halo? One went out and i don't even want to bother replacing it. I like just the bottom strip and the city light on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts