Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly thinking of getting the X5 3.0d or the W163 270CDI now, or waiting for the W164 320 CDI in Sept (Australia).

Interests are the accurate handling, comfortable drive, space for seating and cargo, being well balanced in mild off/road or slippery conditions.

Few of those are conflicting, either/or, but appreciate your experiences with any of them, especially the drive harshness, vs comfort ( I like more comfort, dislike harshness); how different (or bad) the X5 to the MB either models ?

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,136 Posts
From Oz - 3/31/2005 7:29 AM

Mostly thinking of getting the X5 3.0d or the W163 270CDI now, or waiting for the W164 320 CDI in Sept (Australia).

Interests are the accurate handling, comfortable drive, space for seating and cargo, being well balanced in mild off/road or slippery conditions.

Few of those are conflicting, either/or, but appreciate your experiences with any of them, especially the drive harshness, vs comfort ( I like more comfort, dislike harshness); how different (or bad) the X5 to the MB either models ?
Both offer optional air suspension for adjustment of comfort settings, which might give you the best of all worlds. It's not inexpensive, and I worry a little bit about long-term maintenance (if you keep it beyond warranty).

BMW is vague on cargo volume-it's interesting that they list the X3 at 71 cu. ft. but totally avoid the issue in the X5 specs. Other sources list it at a maximum of 54.4 cu. ft., far less than either the W163 or 164. Too me, it's too small for true utitility.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,136 Posts
Gocargo - 4/15/2005 5:30 PM

Wait until next year ML-cdi then choose!
He says CDI this September in AU.

·
Registered
G 500
1,079 Posts
From Oz - 3/31/2005 4:29 PM

Avoid the BMW, the 270CDI Engine is stopped, the new ML320CDI is the way to go. That one is linked with the new 7 gear auto trans and this one is really good.
The Airmatic has 3 settings:
Sport, Standard, Comfort
should be enough for the most

1 - 4 of 4 Posts