Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
632 Posts
Same thing happen to me when I was fooling around with AAM/sensor.. Double check those clamp lock connectors.. Mine got cock-eyed when the locking arm on one side didn't get under the pin and didn't pull it down straight into the connector.. PS.. I was freaking out when my car wouldn't turn over and then my wife pointed out to me that the connector was kicked up on one side.. Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Same thing happen to me when I was fooling around with AAM/sensor.. Double check those clamp lock connectors.. Mine got cock-eyed when the locking arm on one side didn't get under the pin and didn't pull it down straight into the connector.. PS.. I was freaking out when my car wouldn't turn over and then my wife pointed out to me that the connector was kicked up on one side.. Good luck
Thank you, this gives me a bit of hope that I missed something. I'll take it apart a third time and check everything again, I'm almost positive everything is plugged in though. Thanks.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ya, same thing here.. I was looking at the connectors, with the locking arms down.. And then the wife said.. "That one doesn't look like it's straight"

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is all that comes on and the only thing that has power is the radio not a single other button works I really need to get this fixed, I checked the connections and they're all fine eveything is plugged in right except that one cable that I cant find where it goes, it seems as it was always unplugged. Please if you have any other suggestions let me know as this is the only mode of transportation that I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's been nearly a year since I had it apart, but I believe it's the N3/10 connectors on the ECU that weren't seated correctly in my case.. I would go look, but freeze'n ass outside

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
747 Posts
I am looking at my 03 right now, it is only 50 degrees no wind here. But I do not see that wire it looks grey single wire with black connector?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I am looking at my 03 right now, it is only 50 degrees no wind here. But I do not see that wire it looks grey single wire with black connector?
Yeah it's more of a white cable though. I'll take another look tomorrow.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,002 Posts
This is all that comes on and the only thing that has power is the radio not a single other button works I really need to get this fixed, I checked the connections and they're all fine eveything is plugged in right except that one cable that I cant find where it goes, it seems as it was always unplugged. Please if you have any other suggestions let me know as this is the only mode of transportation that I have.
You have lost circuit 15. Make sure fuse F1f26 gets power with key in position 2. If it does swap relay F1k12 with one of same number.

2019-11-12_231857.png

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You have lost circuit 15. Make sure fuse F1f26 gets power with key in position 2. If it does swap relay F1k12 with one of same number.

View attachment 2610935
I did that yesterday and it didnt solve anything. I do know theres another circuit 15 relay in the cabin fuse box though but I haven't taken a look at that one. Can a relay just go out like that? Is this related to me moving the ecu around or is it just a coincidence? I don't understand how a relay goes out overnight after driving perfectly fine. Nothing has to be reprogrammed when unplugging the ecu that would make the car not start right?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,002 Posts
I did that yesterday and it didnt solve anything. I do know theres another circuit 15 relay in the cabin fuse box though but I haven't taken a look at that one. Can a relay just go out like that? Is this related to me moving the ecu around or is it just a coincidence? I don't understand how a relay goes out overnight after driving perfectly fine. Nothing has to be reprogrammed when unplugging the ecu that would make the car not start right?
What is voltage at fuse F1f26 with key in position 2?

·
Registered
632 Posts
No.. I took my ECU complete out.. Put it on a bench, took the board out of case.. Fooled around with heater FETs.. Put it back together again.. Re-installed it and it wouldn't turn over.. Fixed the problem with the N3/10 connectors.. And it's been a year, without a problem.. Did you completely un-seat the connectors to make sure that you didn't break a pin off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Wetik is dead on about what he is telling you to do.. Voltage on F26 and the K12 relay..
I'll try it when I get home, i dont have a multimeter but i can check for continuity if that's what you guys mean. Also, im a bit confused about the n3/10 connectors, I've unplugged and plugged back the connectors and they all look fine. I'm pretty confused guys sorry.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Go to Wal-mart on the way home and pick up a multi-meter (under $20)..

PS.. Walmart.com has been high-jacked.. Tried it twice and I'm getting the old "security alert" scam.. Top page goolge search "www.walmart.com"... but https//www.walmart.com is OK..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Wetik is dead on about what he is telling you to do.. Voltage on F26 and the K12 relay..
Okay guys so I literally did nothing from touching up the cables yesterday, i just got home and the car fired right up. Now it has a lot of lights that have stayed on and I dont know what to do from here on, I'm scared to even turn it off and have it not turn on. The car has a rough idle but i think that is because the battery was unplugged and its its first boot up. Heres a pic of the dash

Attachments

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,002 Posts
You need to initialize steering angle sensor for yellow three finger salute to disappear. Turn wheel lock to lock few times.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts