Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes-Benz ML430
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am not doubting anyone here and the codes shoulded be cleared. Also I have yet to replace mine. But I have watched several videos on replacement and I do not recall any one saying it needs to be coded?

If it does I would like to know.
That's is what is getting me confused but, from anyone I ask around keeps feeling me to have to clear the limp mode code from the TCM to be able to re communicate back with the new plate. But for me this is the first time it's happened so. Will still try to reclear the code and relearn the TCM and see incase it changes.
Because there is a video of a s430 having the same issue but the TCM automatically resets when it's disconnected and reconnected. Not for an ML.

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes-Benz ML430
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cleared off the valve conductor plate code and put the transmission to re learn mode and everything is back to normal. Selects like butter flies like a fighter jet.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
1,542 Posts
Glad you got it done and solved!

Just one question in the link that khomer provided it say at one point to leave the key 🔑 in but some models require you to remove it.

Which did you do for the ml?

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes-Benz ML430
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Glad you got it done and solved!

Just one question in the link that khomer provided it say at one point to leave the key 🔑 in but some models require you to remove it.

Which did you do for the ml?
I tried first without the key and drove around but didn't feel much but when I did with he key left it exactly for 2 minutes and then did a drive around things started getting smoother.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts