Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2002 Ml320 w163
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase a new or used windshield washer reservoir at a reasonable price? Mine is dry rotted and falling apart馃槵 2002 Ml320 w163.

Registered
2000 ML320 LHD
Does anyone know where I can purchase a new or used windshield washer reservoir at a reasonable price? Mine is dry rotted and falling apart馃槵 2002 Ml320 w163.

The old style, smaller capacity tank is said to be more durable (heat resistant).

You have to choose between capacity & durability.

Registered
Dallas, Texas

Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
If your talking about one of these,... Make sure it fits.. I was looking at one of them.. And it didn't seem to line up at all.. I didn't buy it, so I don't know for sure.. Bonita, if you do get one.. let everybody know about the fit and finish..

Registered
1999 ML320
I doubt you will find one old style. Get the new style but it's a pain in the butt to install. Do not postpone the job if the old one is leaking, it will leak on the abs pump and then your problem will become a disaster.

Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
The old style, smaller capacity tank is said to be more durable (heat resistant).
It鈥檚 not heat that kills these. If it was, the side near the engine and radiator would have more damage than the fender side (after 12+ years).

The whole tank disintegrates across the top, evenly.

Registered
Dallas, Texas
It鈥檚 not heat that kills these. If it was, the side near the engine and radiator would have more damage than the fender side (after 12+ years).

Obviously material used is not up to 20 years of use. In my ML320 I have replaced it in 2006 and again in 2016.

W211 coolant expansion tank desintagrates when you look at it certain way.

Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
I couldn't see paying a hundred something for a piece of plastic.. I cut a inch of the rotten top off, until I got to flexible good stuff.. Put a sealed fiberglass cover cap on it.. It's not the prettiest thing.. but it's been in for 6 months,..no cracks, no leaks.. Saved a hundred bucks for the important parts, like a alternator when I need to replace it

Registered
2000 ML320 LHD
It鈥檚 not heat that kills these. If it was, the side near the engine and radiator would have more damage than the fender side (after 12+ years). The whole tank disintegrates across the top, evenly.
Okay DrX I get it......poor quality plastic was used for the newer one.

Bobby, that's some badass plastic welding. #claps

Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
I got real lucky was at a pick a part recently and found one that was a replacement; pure white in color and with a blue and white benz replacement parts sticker on it. Was thinking of e-baying it but with two ml's decided to hang on to it. though for some reason on the 03 and 04 they are still in real good shape yellowed but the plastic has flex. They wanted 16 with washer motors, 10 without. I took the 16.

So Don't discredit a yard you may come across someone who totaled their ml but just replaced the container.

Registered
2002 Ml320 w163
Discussion Starter #14
I got real lucky was at a pick a part recently and found one that was a replacement; pure white in color and with a blue and white benz replacement parts sticker on it. Was thinking of e-baying it but with two ml's decided to hang on to it. though for some reason on the 03 and 04 they are still in real good shape yellowed but the plastic has flex. They wanted 16 with washer motors, 10 without. I took the 16.

So Don't discredit a yard you may come across someone who totaled their ml but just replaced the container.
The problem I'm having is there are no mls in any junk yards near me!? I'll figure it out eventually! Thank you!

Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
Bonita, if you buy a new one, check that the tab will fit into the slot in the side wall of the engine bay. You might have to trim a few mm off it before installation.

Registered
2000 E 320 Wagon + 2002 ML 500 SUV
We are all facing this issue it seems.

Mine is cracked on top but bottom few inches is solid / doesn't leak.

Still it's on my "top 3" next mods / fixes list.

Bonita & all, thanks for the help on this.

I believe there's a YouTube video showing the install where the whole RF corner is taken apart to allow install.

If not, one of us should film the steps...and details for the record.

David

1 - 16 of 16 Posts