Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 ML550 Palladium Silver, Black MBTex, P1, Lighting pkg, Trailer Hitch.
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has gone from the older W163 ML to the newer model - did you transfer over your MB all-season floor mats or start afresh? Do they fit in the new vehicle? They're definitely built to last...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Anyone that has gone from the older W163 ML to the newer model - did you transfer over your MB all-season floor mats or start afresh? Do they fit in the new vehicle? They're definitely built to last...
You can use them but will not be a perfect fit! Why go cheap on them if you're upgrading to the W164? And besides, you can probably get them free from the dealer during the deal if you insist. I will recommend go for the floor liners instead of the mats. Instead of having just the carpet covered, they look more like trays that catch all the dirt and they have been designed to perfectly fit the contours of your new vehicle. Go to the dealer to see a sample, or to the website and you'll see what I mean.:)

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
You can use them but will not be a perfect fit! Why go cheap on them if you're upgrading to the W164? And besides, you can probably get them free from the dealer during the deal if you insist. I will recommend go for the floor liners instead of the mats. Instead of having just the carpet covered, they look more like trays that catch all the dirt and they have been designed to perfectly fit the contours of your new vehicle. Go to the dealer to see a sample, or to the website and you'll see what I mean.:)
A good suggestion. I have the all weather mats for the W164 and they are just okay and they do cover the dead pedal too. But they are not especially attractive. Maybe next fall I will look at getting the tray-types.

·
Registered
C55 ///AMG
559 Posts
I have the black MB tray-type mats in the front, and the W163 all-season mats for the rear for my old ML. The rears fit acceptably well, but I needed to use a piece of black vinyl to cover the "hump" in the rear.

Just a note about the tray, it doesn't cover the driver's dead pedal area, so another piece of black vinyl is used there to protect the carpet in my ML.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have the black MB tray-type mats in the front, and the W163 all-season mats for the rear for my old ML. The rears fit acceptably well, but I needed to use a piece of black vinyl to cover the "hump" in the rear.

Just a note about the tray, it doesn't cover the driver's dead pedal area, so another piece of black vinyl is used there to protect the carpet in my ML.
FYI, my black trays at the back also do not cover the "hump" at the back so I had to cut a clear thin plastic for covering. I wish they have something like a 1-piece tray for the rear.
What kind of black vinyl did you use (probably will provide a better look)? and where did you buy it?:confused:

·
Registered
C55 ///AMG
559 Posts
FYI, my black trays at the back also do not cover the "hump" at the back so I had to cut a clear thin plastic for covering. I wish they have something like a 1-piece tray for the rear.
What kind of black vinyl did you use (probably will provide a better look)? and where did you buy it?:confused:
You're going to laugh at this. I bought it from the dollar store (it's about 30 X 20cm) and it works great! I'll take a picture soon.

·
Registered
2007 ML 350
33 Posts
I also had the 163 mats. When I purchased the 164, I dealer put the new mats in. The front 163 mats latch differently than the 164s.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You're going to laugh at this. I bought it from the dollar store (it's about 30 X 20cm) and it works great! I'll take a picture soon.
No, I won't laugh, it's functional !! Will appreciate if you can post a pic :):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts