Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing all these nice W140's here , there is just 1 Question
" Who has the W140 with all of the Options installed ORIGINAL'Y by MB "
what i mean is as you know for the W140 you could have an awesome range of Options for the right money , $ Liras Euros or Pesos or Yen's etc ...
I think the best equipt W140's are either in Japan or Saudi arabia,Even the
S600's dont have all of the Features installed ,is there such a W140 ? all Features From the Phone to the rear seat Tables to the rear seperated electric seats and that Fridge .....etc etc etc....i need a Bigger Page .
Ciao

·
Registered
W140,MB, 1998 S500 LWB, Buisness Edition.
129 Posts
Seeing all these nice W140's here , there is just 1 Question
" Who has the W140 with all of the Options installed ORIGINAL'Y by MB "
what i mean is as you know for the W140 you could have an awesome range of Options for the right money , $ Liras Euros or Pesos or Yen's etc ...
I think the best equipt W140's are either in Japan or Saudi arabia,Even the
S600's dont have all of the Features installed ,is there such a W140 ? all Features From the Phone to the rear seat Tables to the rear seperated electric seats and that Fridge .....etc etc etc....i need a Bigger Page .
Ciao
In theory, NO!
The options list is massive; no way you can have everything on board.
The purpose of designing such a massive options list was to personalise these beasts to different individual needs. Most options cost big money and only a mad person will go for everything.
Why to have satellite navigation in Saudi Arabia when you don’t have maps covering the country? And why to have a Fridge in Iceland?
I might be wrong, but an all options W140 does not exist.

·
Registered
1973 W115 200 /8
895 Posts
I also notice a lot of ads saying "loaded", "all extra's", and so on..
But usually I get disapointed, meaning when I check out the car, it has some extra features. Some more than regular cars maybe, but usually far from "loaded"..

Another point. There's allways some options you can't get.. ex. you can't get both velour and leather.. you can't get both ski-bag and rear champagne-cooler...

So.. Are you looking for the one with the most original stuff installed ?
I guess, Charlie's 600 V12 has most of the goodies..
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1319244-charlie-s-w140-1991-mercedes-benz.html

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
I guess a lot of US-spec cars are "all options" as they had a limited option list and many of those came in packages.

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to say that Charlie's S600 does have a lot of Features there , judging by the Buttons on the console ,that would be classified as " Fully Loadet " godd looking Car too , thanks for that one Eirik .
Ciao

·
Registered
78 280S, 81 300SD, 82 300D, 92 300E 2.6, 90 260SE, 94 S280, 10 E300,
900 Posts
I'm getting myself a W140 in the near future, but I actually prefer to get something with fewer options, given the complexity of the W140, a least optioned car will likely have the least failure which means less headache for me. I looked at a 300SE a while back that suited my requirements, manual A/C, manual seats, no sunroof, the car was in exceptional condition, too bad somebody beat me to it.

·
Registered
'07 S65 AMG '95 S600 '98 E430 '83 300SD '81 300D
111 Posts
W140 Options

Although far from the most "loaded" W140, my S600 does have some nice touches in addition to the standard 600 fair including;
Pic 1. Webesco gas-fired remote heater, seperate contols for the dash mounted trip computer, adjustable headlights.
Pic 2. Individual rear seating with lumbar, AMG stills, rear footrests.
Pic 3 & 4. Refrigerator, stereo remote, rear telephone.
Pic 5. Rear control for the passenger FRONT seat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1998 140.070 CL500, 1966 406.121 U65
1,489 Posts
Pic 3 & 4. Refrigerator, stereo remote, rear telephone.
Great! I've never seen that rear telephone before!

Care to post the complete MB codes options list?

br,
syljua

·
Registered
Currently without a car!
88 Posts
A fully loaded S500 LWB that I am trying to find to suit my specifacation would include:-

ESP
Bose
Heated front and rear seats
Orthopedic front and rear seats
Rear blind
Xenons
Soft close
Parktronic
Sunroof
Wood trim steering wheel
Trip Computer
Picnic Table

Also needs to be in a nice colour, I'd love another AquaMarine one but that isn't going to happen all the high spec W140s are silver or black especially so when you're trying to find a LWB.

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Look at those Buttons "vee12" ,your's is * Fully Loadet *, i think they needet a bigger car to fit it all in as they must have run out of space,nice, do they all work ? I wouldent like to be in your shoes when the Day comes that you sell it ,that's gonna b hard .
Ciao

·
Registered
CL 500 // S 500 L // E 320 T
548 Posts
vee12: Excellent example of what an almost fully loaded W140 looks like. Congratulations, beautiful car.

muskash: A "FULL OPTIONS" W140 is tricky to find because, as you mention, there are some extras that are just redundant for some markets: engine remote heater or heated seats in the tropics? Flag masts and the car does not belong to an Embassy? And, some options void other choices, as mentioned: you can either choose leather or velour upholstery, not both. You can pick just one type of radio or wheel design.

Eirik 400 SE: With the sky bag and fridge options, the W140 had TWO types of beverage coolers offered: the small one installed at the center of the rear seat backrest which mandated the "ski bag option" to open the space for installation (the owner received the sky bag in a plastic bag for keeps) and the big six bottle cooler at the trunk. I have the later one, and with that one you could have the ski bag option without trouble.

·
Registered
1996 S600
200 Posts
For "fully loaded" you'll have to look to the home market, most likely. The S600 to the left is a "gray market" car sold new in Germany in early 1996; imported to US in 2001. If there is such a thing, this is it: CD-based nav; metric tripmeter in the dash where others have the now worthless analog phone; Webasto programable aux heater (not very useful in southern United States); 4 place seating; refrigerator between the rear seats; work table behind passenger seat with airplane lighting overhead (and rear controls for rear passenger to fine tune table adjustments -- very amusing for the rear seat passenger to use to annoy the front passenger); rear footrests; Parktronic; AMG version. Other than the standard S600 goodies, it also has three "G" switches (they are wired) that don't appear to do anything -- those interested can use the search for my earlier inquiry with members' suggestions regarding the switches.

The tripmeter is nice to have and the refrigerator has proven to be a significant convenience as has the parktronic. The rear worktable has been useful maybe twice when faced with tight deadlines. The four place seating option has also proved to be helpful for friends with arthritic backs, knees, etc.

Compared with the 1999 version owned by my partner, this one really jumps off the line and gives a whole lotta go way down low in the rev band. Leads to very silly grins; or, as a poet friend once said to her husband to whom I had given the keys for a short drive, "Mike, you're scaring the shit out of me!"

·
Registered
1993 W140 500SEL Black/Black, 12014 Ford Fiesta ST Blk/Blk
1,128 Posts
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Is that all you say? lol

Anyhow I have power/heated rear seats....that work, and a k40 Radar detector, too bad they have lasers now. And power rear veiw.:D

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Avalon XLS
1,269 Posts
I'm getting myself a W140 in the near future, but I actually prefer to get something with fewer options, given the complexity of the W140, a least optioned car will likely have the least failure which means less headache for me.
Thats exactly the same stance I take with my S320. Mine has absolutely no extra features other than the very basics that everyone would get for a '96 S320. (As far as I know)

My car has already given me enough things to repair, so I'm happy without the extra stuff, the self leveling suspension for example. :D

I wouldn't mind adding the champagne cooler, however... too bad you have to replace the whole fuel tank. ($$$$) :surrender:

·
Registered
'87 560SEL(SOLD)'92 600SEL, '89 560SE KURZ (SOLD), '86 300SEL(SOLD),1978 450SEL(SOLD),1990 560SEL
938 Posts
wdb1400571a032460
candidate:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts