Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W140 windshield Wipers-Transmission

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  meinpanzer 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

It's time for me to attempt this repair, wipers started acting up the other day. I see that I can buy the gear(s) on ebay for $50.
1- Is that a fair price? or does someone have a better suggestion?
2- How many will I need to make the repair?
....and finally are there any directions/ walk through of the process out there that someone could point to. Thanks in advance for everyone's input!:thumbsup:

#2 · (Edited)
I replaced a gear in my 1994 S500 wiper transmission. Drivers wiper did not extend. There are two gears-one large half moon looking gear, and smaller round gear that extends drivers wiper. I bought smaller round gear at odometergears site for around $50. They have gears for clusters, seats, wiper transmissions.
It seems from design that wires will work no matter what, just driver side wiper stops extending. One of those gears break. Call odometergears and those guys will guide you further. There are two wiper transmission models-Bosch and someother one. They carry Bosch gears I thinks.

Good luck

PS. Make sure you mark driver side wiper assembly before removing it from lower motor assembly to access gears. There is a guide arrow there but I had to experiment with it to make it right as I didn't put a mark on main assembly. It comes off only one way, I forgot how. Move it around and lift off. Small screws around perimeter hold gear and you don't need to remove them to take off driver wiper assembly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.