Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W140 THE BEST!!!

7438 15
The W140 is absolutly the best and most Beautiful Mercedes-Benz Flagship that has ever been produced!!! <br>
<br>
What do you guys think?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: W140 THE BEST!!!(not)

I think the w126 is much more beutiful and not as bulky as the w140 and if i had the money id rather buy a ´91 560 se/l or a sec than a w140 but im very happy with my w126 280 se.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I have s320, 1994 model with 126000 km. Great car to drive, but I'm very disappointed over material quality. When I bought it, I thought, that Benz rarely breakdown, but that's so untrue, and the repairbills reach in thousands of dollars. <br> <br> Image : No Image <br> <p>fwsma130.n-lb.si

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with s420, The w140 IS one of the best cars ever made

The design, engine and overall quality is unbelievable. That's why those ugly new Lexus Ls 430s Look exactly like the older s class. I have a 97' c230 and the next car that I would buy is a w140. <p>hst-4398-w.sm4-5.reshall.calpoly.edu

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I always thought my 6 cylinder W 124 was a great car, but now I drive the '92 600 SEL. The torque and power are mind bogglin'. 2200 kg shot to 100 km/h in 6 secs is a unique experience. Gliding at 250 km/h (on a german highway) is awesome.<br> The drive is abfab and well worth the twister in the fueltank.<br>

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<br> The w140 is 10 times better than the new w220 cars. But the best of all time is still the w126 cars with the most sales to date and more than a decade of production to back it up. But, The w140 are the NO HOLDS BARRED, biggest, most bad ass MBs PERIOD. These cars showed what the 'S' really stood for- SUPER SIZED!

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Re: I agree with s420, The w140 IS one of the best cars ever made

That's why those ugly new Lexus Ls 430s Look exactly like the older s class.
Hey man, you shouldn't diss the Lexus! I think it is a nice car . . . Yeah, the Mercedes is awesome, but that doesn't mean that all other cars are crap . . .

I have owned a '92 Lexus ES300 for the past two years. It's not my dream car, but I am only 20, still in school, and this has got to be one of the most reliable cars I could buy for under $10000CAN. And besides which, the maintenance is relatively cheap (because it uses the same parts as the Toyota Camry). In two years and 50k kilometers, I have only had to do $500CAN in repairs. Not bad for a 12-year-old car!

Also, the car doesn't really look old . . . many people can't believe that I could afford a Lexus; however, little do they know how cheap and affordable it really is!

I just convinced my Dad to buy a '93 300SE, because he has more money to spend on cars than I do. I can't wait until we get it (1 1/2 weeks!)

· Registered
1997 S600 - Bentley Turbo R (black/black)
313 Posts
First, i agree with the other poster, you dont have to diss the lexus to make the mercedes looks good.

I am a car broker been doing this over 10 years. I haved owned at 3 w140's, and 2 LS4OO. And have driven or dealt with most cars more than once from vipers.mercedes, lotus to honda civics and caprices.

The LS400, is one of the most reliable, quailty built, less expensive to maintain luxury cars in the world. Thats why its been one of the top,if not the top quality car for the past 10 years. For the amount of luxury and quality you get its a good deal.

Now back to the w140, its my favorite luxury sedan. Its great quality, but i love it because of its essence, intimidating looks, and prestiage.

It all depends on your taste, but i think the w140 is the best looking out of all the sedans benz has built, certainly most expensive, most powerful looking one. But i agree, i like the w126 over w220 any day on outside looks.

my 2 cents

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Guest (MBNZ) - 6/13/2001 11:58 PM

The W140 is absolutly the best and most Beautiful Mercedes-Benz Flagship that has ever been produced!!! <br>
<br>
What do you guys think?
The 140 is a great car,
A couple of niggles though
(1) Biodegradable
(2) Quality and reliability, though very high could be better
(3) There's no driver feedback (I understand that this type of car isnt designed to have any - would be nice though)
(4) Wish it came with steering wheels controls

If I could pick any 140, it would have to be the AMG S55

My all time favourite mercedes are the W208 CLK 430 and the R230 SL 55

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
The 140 is a great car,
A couple of niggles though
(1) Biodegradable
(2) Quality and reliability, though very high could be better
(3) There's no driver feedback (I understand that this type of car isnt designed to have any - would be nice though)
(4) Wish it came with steering wheels controls
Biodegradable?? What do you mean by that?

Bryan

· Registered
23 Posts
Re: I agree with s420, The w140 IS one of the best cars ever made

Hey man, you shouldn't diss the Lexus! I think it is a nice car . . . Yeah, the Mercedes is awesome, but that doesn't mean that all other cars are crap . . .

I have owned a '92 Lexus ES300 for the past two years. It's not my dream car, but I am only 20, still in school, and this has got to be one of the most reliable cars I could buy for under $10000CAN. And besides which, the maintenance is relatively cheap (because it uses the same parts as the Toyota Camry). In two years and 50k kilometers, I have only had to do $500CAN in repairs. Not bad for a 12-year-old car!

Also, the car doesn't really look old . . . many people can't believe that I could afford a Lexus; however, little do they know how cheap and affordable it really is!

I just convinced my Dad to buy a '93 300SE, because he has more money to spend on cars than I do. I can't wait until we get it (1 1/2 weeks!)
Blast from the past, i still own a 92 Lexus ES300 with 150k miles and a MANUAL TRANSMISSION!! will never sell tjat thing

· W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,894 Posts
It'd melt if you go toooo fast[:D]
Unbelievable this comment has never been corrected or deleted .
The harnesses crumble with Heat over long time of Period .
The harnesses are mainly affected to the engine heat when the car is not used anymore for the Day .
A simple prevention is to keep the bonnet open to let the heat escape , not the case while driving since air gets to it .
I always leave my bonnet open the moment i park the car in the garage . Never had any issues with any wiring harnesses only when i bought a W140 from previous owners that obviously dont know about this .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.