Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
euro market i don't know but in the US no. In America w210(prefacelift) sport package had these rims in 17" stock.

but i think those were factory in Europe not 100% sure
Ok, thanks...so, from your answer...I am guessing these are stock rim...the owner said they were stock and I was not sure. It's from a 1992 S500 from Japan...It's for a W140 that I will be listing up here for sale...as soon as MafiaDON get me that VIN card info.

btw: the springs are not broken. The owner dropped the car with H&R springs...freakin fast car...took a ride in it and got pushed into the seat when he punched the gas on the highway...took only seconds to double the speed limit.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
At wide open throttle as a driver you can start bracing for what is about to happen where as the passenger has react to and brace to whats happening. Hence cars will always feel faster in the passenger seat. :thumbsup: Maybe the H&R springs also helped with that effect as well since there wasn't as much suspension play...

My neighbor put those same exact 17" rims on his W126. His is chrome plated though. =/ I thought they were replica AMG rims..

Most 17" rims on a W140 look a bit funny but since he dropped the car the wheels seem to go well with it. Any more pics?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back and Front shots...he tinted all the Windows, including the front...someone stole the front star (ie. not flat badged...but I think it would look good if it was)...may buy it and keep it myself...he has another W140, S500 short body...1993 sliver with black interior. This one is beige interior. Other than the H&R springs and window tint, this is a stock car.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
I dont know if they came stock. I have the same rims as these 17" and polished/chromed. The guy I bought them from told me they are from a w140 cl coupe. Below is the picture of my car with these rims

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Now that I see those rims on these first gen W140s I think it's safe to say they look better when the car is dropped about an inch or so. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Mention this thread in your for sale post.

Here are the same exact rims on my neighbors W126. According to him they rims didn't require spacers. If I still owned that W126 I would have dropped the front a couple inches...

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
syljua is right and so is nhzruthless818. They were standard on the w210 sport package and that was the only car in the US that saw them. The european CL coupes had about the same wheel, but it was the 18" size. The Lorinser's posted are similar, but a closer wheel would be the RSK3 as it doesn't have the rim bolts on the face. Are these wheels even strong enough to mount on the W140? I'd be worried with the extra mass of these cars that the excess weight may cause some issues with bending wheels. I may be wrong on this, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the 18" European version...may look at getting those for the 1993 400SEL...drop it a few inches? tempting...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I like the 18" European version...may look at getting those for the 1993 400SEL...drop it a few inches? tempting...
If you get 18" rims you probably won't have to drop it depending on what size side wall you get for the tires. IMO 18" rims are the next best thing above the stock rims if you want to get your moneys worth. Be warned if you get wider staggered rims you'll be spending about $400 each for the rear tires and about 250 each for the front tires respectively. Plus they wear out a hell of a lot faster

The Gen 1. W140s sit a little higher than the facelifted ones so you may have to drop it about an inch to give it a 'normal' look and then drop it another inch if you want to give it a 'lowered' look. If it's a daily driver I wouldn't lower it too much.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
can someone tell me how to post a pdf, i have some rims i want to post
Click 'add reply' then scroll down below the message box towhere it says 'additional options' then click on 'manage attachments'. Choose your file then click upload.

Make sure you click on 'submit reply' to post the message up :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
The rims posted by the OP are 15"? right?

If so, then they were probably taken off a W202 C-Class.. I have had 3 C-Classes with these exact same rims!

my current C280 Elegance (with sport interior conversion) has those rims on :) But I put them there.. (The 18"s are on my S-Class lol)

Best way to know which model they came from is to just check the part numbers at the back..

DEFINITELY not stock W140 rims

Attachments

·
W140 Moderator
7,514 Posts
Maybe this can help out a little ,it's found inside the W140 Brouchure's .:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Maybe this can help out a little ,it's found inside the W140 Brouchure's .:thumbsup:
nah, the one on the brouchure should be standard on CL, and the size is 18"

the one on the first pic looks like 15/16"

not sure if 15" wheel will fit on W140 thou

1 - 20 of 27 Posts