Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please if someone can explain the difference between the two wastegatea in the picture? This is the same turbine and I am wondering if it is possible to lower the turbine reprocessed to work as an upper?

·
Registered
94 s350, 93 dodge cummins 250
95 Posts
the top turbo wastegate uses pressure to open and release to control boost and the lower one uses vacuum.
the pressure setup works best
the vacuum one can be converted to work off pressure with a new wastegate controller
ill see if i can find the article and post it
the vacuum ones are problematic and will cut boost for a number of reasons like if you disconnect the egr

Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the top turbo wastegate uses pressure to open and release to control boost and the lower one uses vacuum.
the pressure setup works best
the vacuum one can be converted to work off pressure with a new wastegate controller
ill see if i can find the article and post it
the vacuum ones are problematic and will cut boost for a number of reasons like if you disconnect the egr

Steve
Yes, you're right, I have a problem with the vacuum system that controls actuator. Please, if you can, give me the number of the new controller so I could order it. Of course, if you're not the problem, maybe we can use an alternate version with eBay.

thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts