Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had problems with heater blower and exterior mirrors intermittently working/not working?
ive checked voltage at the motor and that seems ok. no voltage comming out of the regulator (black wire) should i suspect the regulator?
are the blower motor and ext mirrors on the same fuse??
any thoughts appreciated

·
Premium Member
1995 S500
8 Posts
1995 S500 - Noticed a couple times that my blower didn't work. It finally quit altogether, was diagnosed as having a bad regulator/ballast, which was replaced. Quite a job to get to it and replace it, but the blower works consistently now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i saw a few threads pionting to the regulator, which i thought was duff, but both mirrors and blower started working again! when i pulled fuse 21 20Amp under bonnet, both stopped working. the fuse is markes mirrors and a/c conrtol. i now suspect a loose connection on the fuse box. (i hope)

·
Registered
1998 S600 LWB 2011 GLK 350 4matic 2013 Sprinter 2500
412 Posts
Circuit 21 feeds both heated mirrors and blower motor. Some of us have seen deterioration of the wiring bundle where the mirrors fold. My indie installed oversize fuses to compensate for the failing heaters. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked the fuse, it hasnt been blowing so no need to uprate it. ive got 12v to the fuse so it must be something beyond that. relay perhaps?

·
Registered
95 S500, 07 S550 AMG
791 Posts
checked the fuse, it hasnt been blowing so no need to uprate it. ive got 12v to the fuse so it must be something beyond that. relay perhaps?
there is a high chance, your wiring has melted where the side mirrors are. Pull the side mirrors out and check the wiring. This is very common on the w140s and causes mirrors not to move, either the steering not to move, or blower

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mirror wiring is ok. i traced it down to the fuse box. 12v at the terminal, but as soon as the fuse is inserted the voltage drops to 0v. bad connection under the box breaking down. what a swine:mad:

·
Registered
2004 S320, 1998 CL500, 1997 S600, 2007 BMW 525D
29 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I had the problem with the MIRROR CABLES, melted and blowed my fuse everytime.

Now I solved this problem (blown fuse), rewired everything that looked bad and the fuse stays ok but the blower motor still does not work, any ideas? replaced also the blower module near it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts