Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 C Klasse
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I remember seeing an auction for a W140 Coupe and in one of the photos there was a champagne cooler behind the armrest.

I checked the VIN on the Russian mercedes vin checker site and it was listed as an OEM option installed at the factory.

Does anyone have any information about this (dimensions etc)? Pictures?

Thanks.

·
Registered
202 C Klasse
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think that's it! Thanks, Any more photos? of it open or detailed shots? my friend is planning an install.

·
Registered
CL 500 // S 500 L // E 320 T
548 Posts
Mercedes-Benz fitted at factory two types of coolers for W/C140s as extra cost options.

The first one (photo in the previous post) is the rear central armrest cooler which is the smaller unit. It can handle four alluminun cans or one bottle of champagne. To fit this unit it was required to order also the "Sky bag" option, which opened a passage from the armrest to the trunk (and at the same time dividing the gas tank, lowering its capacity by 10 liters). The unit was very convenient, as it was accesible form the inside of the car, but it is really small. Advice your friend that if his/her car does not has the "Sky Bag" tunnel connecting the trunk to the rear armrest it would be impossible to install (unless the different fuel tank with the tunnel is installed).

The other cooler was option No. 307, fitted to my S 500 L. This larger cooler is trunk mounted and has the capacity for four six-packs of alluminun cans or six bottles of champagne (see pic below). This cooler can be taken out of the trunk and used with 120/240V electricity with a provided converter. The converter is also capable of charging the car's battery directly through the fridge connection. Also, it does not need the "Sky Bag" option, leaving the gas tank untouched with its original capacity. One more advantage of the trunk mounted cooler is that it also could be used as a frozen box (for ice and such). The rear central armrest unit did not had the frozen capability.

Both coolers could be left on constantly, the car had a system which sensed when the battery was getting to low for an engine re-start, so it would turn off and on the unit intermittently. The options brochure talk on how the units beside being useful for cool drinks, could be used for temperature sensitive materials such as medicines.

The first unit costed about $1,500 and the second larger one costed about $2,500 (depending on the market it was ordered). I hope the info helps you.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 C Klasse
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info mate! sorry for the late reply i didn't get a subscription message. he has a ski bag so we will have to find part numbers for that cooler!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mercedes-Benz fitted at factory two types of coolers for W/C140s as extra cost options.

The first one (photo in the previous post) is the rear central armrest cooler which is the smaller unit. It can handle four alluminun cans or one bottle of champagne. To fit this unit it was required to order also the "Sky bag" option, which opened a passage from the armrest to the trunk (and at the same time dividing the gas tank, lowering its capacity by 10 liters). The unit was very convenient, as it was accesible form the inside of the car, but it is really small. Advice your friend that if his/her car does not has the "Sky Bag" tunnel connecting the trunk to the rear armrest it would be impossible to install (unless the different fuel tank with the tunnel is installed).

The other cooler was option No. 307, fitted to my S 500 L. This larger cooler is trunk mounted and has the capacity for four six-packs of alluminun cans or six bottles of champagne (see pic below). This cooler can be taken out of the trunk and used with 120/240V electricity with a provided converter. The converter is also capable of charging the car's battery directly through the fridge connection. Also, it does not need the "Sky Bag" option, leaving the gas tank untouched with its original capacity. One more advantage of the trunk mounted cooler is that it also could be used as a frozen box (for ice and such). The rear central armrest unit did not had the frozen capability.

Both coolers could be left on constantly, the car had a system which sensed when the battery was getting to low for an engine re-start, so it would turn off and on the unit intermittently. The options brochure talk on how the units beside being useful for cool drinks, could be used for temperature sensitive materials such as medicines.

The first unit costed about $1,500 and the second larger one costed about $2,500 (depending on the market it was ordered). I hope the info helps you.
My SEL300 had this option of trink refrigerator but previous owner removed it and now I am looking for it.. can any one help to source me the part.?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts