Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

621 - 640 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Look to buy S600

Hi gents,
I believe it is time, I am in the process of selling my 88 750IL and 95 740I and to move on to the W140.
I can get the V8's easily, but I am not interested.

I am looking for the following W140:

Any year, but ideally late model (96-99)

$$$: FAIR VALUE ( I understand that depends on the vehicle, I am happy to discuss with potential sellers, but I am not able to pay insane values)- Some sellers I've come across are simply dreaming IMO.

Exterior Colours: Black, Blue, White, Green, or something similar (absolutely NO - Beige, gold, tan, silver....)
Interior: Black/Grey - I *may* consider tan... but unlikely. Absolutely no grey interior.

Mileage: Will pay for lower mileage, but nothing too high preferred

NO RUST- NO RIPS- MUST BE RUNNING/DRIVING Condition- No projects that have been parked for 20 years under a tree.

Please email me directly @ [email protected] as I am not always checking her.
I will travel far for the right vehicle.

Thank you in advance.

·
7,938 Posts
Hi gents,
I believe it is time, I am in the process of selling my 88 750IL and 95 740I and to move on to the W140.
I can get the V8's easily, but I am not interested.

I am looking for the following W140:

Any year, but ideally late model (96-99)

$$$: FAIR VALUE ( I understand that depends on the vehicle, I am happy to discuss with potential sellers, but I am not able to pay insane values)- Some sellers I've come across are simply dreaming IMO.

Exterior Colours: Black, Blue, White, Green, or something similar (absolutely NO - Beige, gold, tan, silver....)
Interior: Black/Grey - I *may* consider tan... but unlikely. Absolutely no grey interior.

Mileage: Will pay for lower mileage, but nothing too high preferred

NO RUST- NO RIPS- MUST BE RUNNING/DRIVING Condition- No projects that have been parked for 20 years under a tree.

Please email me directly @ [email protected] as I am not always checking her.
I will travel far for the right vehicle.

Thank you in advance.
Thank you for your post, but I had to move it as we have a For Sale and Wanted to Buy section, and the main forum was getting too cluttered with ad's not to long ago..

You may want to put a ad here too.

For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Hope you find your car,

Martin

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
7,938 Posts
For '95 S420. Looking for best available diagnostic tool for this car to buy. TY
The best diagnostic is MB Star... It will work for newer cars and old cars too..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Cost-Effective-Mb-Star-C4-for-both-Cars-and-Trucks-with-Xentry-2014-01-Version/1783909054.html

It is the unit I have. Buy it configured for the Dell D630, and just go buy a working D630 on Ebay or Craigslist. The MB Star unit comes with a hard drive, and just swap out the hard drive(two Philips screws). It will boot up, and one just has to activate the files...

You can get support from this thread on the R129 forum..

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r129-sl-class/2315329-got-my-mb-star-c4-diagnostic.html

To much to deal with then contact Paul600600 their on the forum he has a turn key C4 unit ready to work with all the updates...

Martin

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
My car is now for sale. Any reasonable offer will be accepted. Car is located in Louisiana.

PLEASE NOTE: Car currently runs, does not move very well. I have run out of time and patience with the completely incompetent shop that was performing the manual transmission swap (almost a year). Car will come with both the automatic (works completely, but likely nearing end of its lifespan) and manual transmission (via Amon Oliver in Hungary, $7000, all custom parts incl. flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, transmission, driveshaft, pedal assembly, shift assembly, hydraulic assembly, all tested working in Amon's car). As such, the car will need to be transported.

1995 S600. Around 120k miles. Purchased in June 2015.
Wiring harness replaced prior to my ownership, verified.
One TB replaced with a remanufactured part prior to my ownership, verified.
Evaporator replaced prior to my ownership, verified.

Parts replaced (with new ones unless noted, mostly OEM Mercedes brand) during ownership:
Duo valves
Battery
Alternator
Radiator + Main hoses
Steering Angle Sensor
Body Acceleration Sensor
Behr Clutch Fan
Amplifier (Professional rebuilt)
Other TB (rebuilt)
New taillights (aftermarket 97+ style), front side lenses
Hydraulic suspension shocks
Hydraulic suspension leveling lever
Hydraulic suspension balls(forgot name of part)
Spark plugs
MAFs
Coolant temperature sensors
Power steering hoses
New remote key
Driver's seat and center console reupholstered (not shown in pictures)

Normal maintenance (oil, brake fluid flush, tires, etc) all recently performed.
Dyno'd at 361whp/370wtq, no issues with power.

Notes:
EVERY GADGET WORKS except sunshade, rear headrests, and passenger rear window....seat air bladders, naturally, as well.
Custom exhaust replacing muffler.
Auxiliary fans function, usually, however there was a switch added in the engine bay to turn them on manually if they do not.
There is very minor hail damage on the hood and trunk.
Car will come with both the original wheels (including two spares) and brand new Varrstoen wheels with brand new tires (currently on the car but not driven on)

Prior to transmission swap, I drove this car every day with no issues, including long trips between Louisiana and Illinois. It never left me stranded and was always kept in a garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Right Rear Door Speaker Grill Cover - Light Gray

If anyone has (or finds during their junk yard pursuits) a Left Rear Door Speaker Grill Cover - Light Gray in EXCELLENT condition for a 1998 S320 (although all the W140s I expect would be the same) please let me know via PM.

Seth

·
Registered
651 Posts
Martin,

Yes, I should have placed this into the classified section.

My typical source for OEM did not have it but once I got the part numbers I was able to locate on line from multiple sources. FYI the part numbers are as follows:

The left rear speaker grill is P/N 14073709887101

The right rear speaker grill is P/N 14073710887101

so I am good to go.

Seth

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
WTB: W140 S600 sedan or coupe 97-99

Looking to buy 97-99 w140 S600 sedan or coupe. Must be a beautiful well cared for documented car. Condition is most important. Prefer black, silver or other dark colors. Interior to show minimal wear. Willing to pay a premium for a stellar example. I have been restoring w126 cars for many years and have owned most w140 models. Not looking for a good car but a "Great" car. Please send me PM if you have one or know of one that can be purchased. Thanks in advance. Mike

·
Registered
61,488 Posts
Looking to buy 97-99 w140 S600 sedan or coupe. Must be a beautiful well cared for documented car. Condition is most important. Prefer black, silver or other dark colors. Interior to show minimal wear. Willing to pay a premium for a stellar example. I have been restoring w126 cars for many years and have owned most w140 models. Not looking for a good car but a "Great" car. Please send me PM if you have one or know of one that can be purchased. Thanks in advance. Mike

Here you go Mike. :)

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/mercedes-12/6468705644.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
WTB - Passenger side - Behind rear window, the cap that covers the seatbelt retractor. Visible through the glass, facing out.

Also Need the drivers side vent with the parktronic LED, there is a crack in mine... Both need to be grey.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
How about a 95 S500?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good luck is all I can say.

Finding one that's whole, and in running condition is one thing. Perfect condition and documentation, and certain colors? No one on these boards has ever even posted that one of these cars exists, let alone owned one. The sheer rarity due to low production dictates very few are even left, let alone ones in this condition. 500s are another story.
They exist... I just traveled to the US to buy one..97, dark blue, very very clean throughout, albeit no records, but I don't care much for those as long as the car runs/drives/shows well. It did make 3K miles return trip without a hiccup.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sedans, yes

They exist... I just traveled to the US to buy one..97, dark blue, very very clean throughout, albeit no records, but I don't care much for those as long as the car runs/drives/shows well. It did make 3K miles return trip without a hiccup.
I'm talking about coupes. There were 2.5 v12 sedans for every v12 coupe, and 96-99 were the lowest production years by far for the coupes vs 95 being the highest.

I have seen a handful of nice, low-mile sedans out there in the past year. Like 3 or 4 tops though. Congrats

621 - 640 of 859 Posts
About this Discussion
858 Replies
249 Participants
Fonzi
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing