More Sights

Love playing tour guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
MB 300SE '90, anthrazite grey, black leather
186 Posts
Easter trip

Just a few photos from couple of trips taken this spring. First up, an Easter trip to eastern Finland, close to Russian border. A place called Bomba, famous for its Karelian style buildings. We stayed at a spa for two days. Only about 530 km roundtrip altogether.

Attachments

·
Registered
MB 300SE '90, anthrazite grey, black leather
186 Posts
Secondly, an annual get together with some friends from the University days, this time about 1000 km trip to southern Finland and back. A seaside location, the time spent with chatting, grilling, drinking, general relaxing and watching the hockey championships ! The trip actually started with a short drive to our nearby island with the work colleagues to visit a local brewery.

Tire balancing did wonders to road handling, no vibrations anymore. Currently at 656 000 km; need to address the rust that creeping up from everywhere this summer...

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
1989 560SEC, 1989 560SEL, 1995 E420
4,167 Posts
In no particular order, pics of a trip up Highway 1 in Northern California. Highly recommended!

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
1989 560SEC, 1989 560SEL, 1995 E420
4,167 Posts
Beautiful pics ! Was the duck tail and amg kit a recent addition ? It looks fabulous !
Thanks, tusabes!

No, the duck tail and amg kit were on the car when we bought it 9 years ago. What a blast to drive this thing around.

A pic from several years ago before the wheels started to lose their clearcoat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 420SEL
54 Posts
Good looking car and sights except the traffic in second set of pics on way back towards Golden Gate Bridge. I may be a bit oversensitive to the 2 hr plus drive for 37 miles traveled that is the standard up here lol.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
13,779 Posts
Up into North Wales in the mountains just before storm Dennis was building up. And home today, 5 hours or so. About half of it over the mountains, lots of trees down and water on the roads. Then we had to divert over the amazing Brecon Beacons. I was too scared to stop for pictures there but it was spectacular.
Amazing car for these conditions, proper rock solid and sure footed and so comfy. Poor Wales took a right battering this weekend, it was absolutely howling and so flooded now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 MB 500sel (Euro)
249 Posts
I think I did that road or similar, in an XK150, it looks familiar, from London into Wales then through Aberystwyth, Harlech and up to Caernavaron. Wonderful countryside. On the way it poured madly and we (Czech girlfriend) stopped at a roadside pub with a huge walkin fireplace and about a dozen Welsh miners ending a hard day. At about the same time a motorcycle pulled in with a redhaired kid and his girl in an even shorter miniskirt than my girl. They all stared as if we were from another planet, and I guess we were. It was swinging London time.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts