Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
8521 - 8540 of 8564 Posts

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
17,842 Posts
We've got a couple or three threads with cars being auctioned or on Craigslist. But I think it might've been the Bring a Trailer thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome, thanks. I definitely hear some noise from the fan in the front. Seems decent otherwise. A few interior issues, and the engine/trans seem to have leaks somewhere. What do you all think of the seller history (2019 transfer of title, 2020 transfer of title)? Something amiss that isn't being talked about?

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,787 Posts
Looks to need engine mounts. If only the camera wasn't being moved around so much we could be sure. No doubt it'll need a front end rebuild. All 126's do. Unless there are records showing it was recently done it hasn't been since forever. :)

Hard to tell if the miles are accurate. Seems like a decently clean car. Odoms on the 126's typically start going bad after 20 or so years, therefore there is just no telling about the mileage.

Black on Black is gonna be an oven in Texas. :LOL:

·
1987 & 1991 C126
5,740 Posts
1991 Euro Catalyst for sale

Removed from my Gen 2 German home market car when I did the tri/y install in 2017 at 38K+ miles. That car came with eurolog exhaust manifolds & down pipes.
Has bung for oxygen sensor.

$550

Pipeline transport Wood Automotive exhaust Bumper Gas

[Above] Just removed from the car in 2017.
Wood Gas Artifact Metal Auto part

Today [2021]

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300SE (W126) In Astral Silver with Dark Blue Leather Interior
117 Posts
Anyone want (for free, just pay shipping) Gen 2 palomino seat leather from my two front seats? Lots of tears -- that's why I'm replacing -- but good for patches.
In the same spirit, if anyone wants Palomino (Right hand drive/Australian Delivery) knee rolls/ducting or any numbers of various carpeted pieces (in both the rougher loop pile or the velour) for Gen 1 W126, let me know what you need & I'll have a look what I've got because you're welcome to it if I've got it (at cost of postage).
It's things that are too good to throw away but of no use to me so if someone else can get use out of them ...

·
Registered
1984 500SEC AMG 5.4
669 Posts
SOLD: SEC Rear Console Box - $325 + S/H, very rare option, wood is in excellent condition not a single crack!

Door mat Rectangle Wood Flooring Floor

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
6,042 Posts

·
1987 & 1991 C126
5,740 Posts
If I still had them [the down pipes I mean] would they fit either of your cars? Ok. Your sec recently was fitted with Tri-Ys etc so I’m guess it’s all hooked up as it were.

So where are you coming from, in this context?
M

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
6,042 Posts
just wondering to be honest....My sel when converted has euro downpipes but they installed cats on each downpipe essentially mucking up the original down pipes... your system would make sense for my car but the car is driving fine and i dont want to do any changes on it right now but the thought came in my head

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a left headlamp assembly for my dad. He is restoring his 1991 560sec. I am hoping to find a left headlamp assembly, or at least the headlamp bezel, that is not cracked. This is really a passion project for him, and he has done a substantial amount of work on his car. I appreciate any assistance or guidance. If anyone has one for sell, I would be happy to purchase and pay via Paypal or other means. I appreciate any assistance.

Eddie

·
Registered
1984 500SEC AMG 5.4
669 Posts
FS: Driver's side Euro Amber Signal Marker, no cracks or damage, all tabs intact, $60 + S/H

Automotive lighting Wood Amber Automotive parking light Rectangle

Automotive lighting Bumper Bag Wood Tool

8521 - 8540 of 8564 Posts