Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
8501 - 8520 of 8577 Posts

·
1987 & 1991 C126
5,757 Posts
SEC Minutia

I need a pair of the small rubber snubbers located between the hood and the two metal panels below the headlamps on an SEC.
They show up as part 10 in this diagram below. A126 889 02 65
Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Engineering

Thanks

M

·
Registered
1991 560sec. 1991 560sel 1969 280SL
1,696 Posts
I have a US right side headlight assembly from a 1991 560SEL Make a reasonable offer + shipping of course. I do have the other one but it has a crack line in the plastic surround over the fog light portion so did not include.
Grille Automotive radiator part Automotive lighting Automotive fog light Automotive exterior
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Flooring Automotive design
Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood Composite material

·
Registered
1988 300SEL 158K;1980 450SL 31K
845 Posts
anyone selling, euro headlights wipers ? second generation with the water nozzle, PM me if you have a pair for sale

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,827 Posts
anyone selling, euro headlights wipers ? second generation with the water nozzle, PM me if you have a pair for sale
I have two sets to offer. Each pair need their own bit of work but may be worth the effort. I’ll send a pm.

·
Registered
1991 560 SEC, 2005 E500, 1988 300SEL
140 Posts
Folks, you can order new replica euro headlight wipers for the W126 and C126 from Turkey. I ordered a pair (arms and blades) for my SEC and they look terrific. They bolt right on. I have not tried to turn them on but who cares. It never rains in Southern California.

Not affiliated with seller.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
17,944 Posts
Folks, you can order new replica euro headlight wipers for the W126 and C126 from Turkey. I ordered a pair (arms and blades) for my SEC and they look terrific. They bolt right on. I have not tried to turn them on but who cares. It never rains in Southern California.

Oh no way. That's awesome.

·
Registered
1966 230S, 1991 560SEL
66 Posts
I have for sale a set of Sedan Euro Headlights made by Bosch.
They are not in the greatest condition, that's why I am selling them for $200 plus shipping.
Location Orlando, FL USA Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Bumper Rectangle Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rectangle Grille Automotive radiator part Wood Material property Rectangle Hardwood Self-propelled artillery Combat vehicle Wood Military vehicle Gun turret Wood Motor vehicle Floor Automotive tire Flooring Self-propelled artillery Combat vehicle Motor vehicle Gas Bumper Wood Flooring Floor Gas Hardwood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Wood Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 500SEC AMG 5.4
670 Posts
SOLD: Complete set of Mercedes SEC Gen 2 jack hole covers, in great condition-$50 + S/H

Road surface Asphalt Grey Rectangle Tar

Road surface Asphalt Rectangle Tints and shades Automotive tire

·
Outstanding Contributor
1991 560SEC (Federal), 1991 420SEL (California)
2,781 Posts
FS: Complete set of Mercedes SEC Gen 2 jack hole covers, in great condition-$50 + S/H
I will take them. Please PM me your PayPal and I will reply with my address. Will send the money later today, I am about to leave.

·
Registered
'87 560 SEC, Pearl Grey/blue; 300,000+ mi; '07 CLS 550, Barolo/stone; 90,000+ mi
1,092 Posts

Terrific, thanks for the tip. I'm thankful to have a pair of originals (albeit Gen 1 but thats fine), but what I'm really glad to see is more enterprising individuals now offering NLA replicas. Turkey looks to be a promising source; I wonder if any of the parts producers there used to work on the '80s generation of MB at the plant. Otherwise, the cars are certainly popular there.

·
Registered
1984 300SD
12 Posts
Hello all, I've been on the hunt for a W126 with the OMV617 engine. I'm looking for something that is... call it analog and pretty bullet proof so long as you don't beat it, and arrived at this vehicle. There was one for auction with 80k miles (the title suggested it was a bad odometer) but the condition/paint said otherwise that I bid on which got away for $12k ($12k!!!). Apparently these are becoming more popular. Anyway, if anyone has any leads, I would be interested. I'm not to particular about color, mostly want to make sure it doesn't have rust/engine problems. I've been hitting up some of the more popular MB mechanics (Kent Bergsma and Pierre Hedary) to see if they know of anyone, but so far no dice. I'm happy to be patient.

#WTB W126 OMV617

·
Registered
1984 300SD
12 Posts
What’s your budget? Decently sorted no rust examples are all on the rise.
$8.5k would be ideal. If BringaTrailer is any guide, I'm 50% low...

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,798 Posts
You won’t be able to find a nice SEC for that. Not now. That price range will mean an example with much work to be done and Lord only know how many issues hidden throughout. 3 years ago I paid 6900 + 2 grand shipping for my beautiful 1-owner, always garaged 500 SEC from CA to NC. Add that up with what I’ve put into it and I am at 25 grand! At least 6 grand of that was chasing an agonizing vibration issue.

These cars can have nasty problems lying in wait for your credit card. I nearly gave up. Twice! Thankfully the car is now sorted and the vibration issue resolved. She drives like a champ.

Just be aware of what can await you. The best way to buy one of these is to purchase from a trusted forum member who is selling and moving on. That’s what I did with my first SEC, which was pretty much fully sorted. I had to sell it when I moved overseas and that kills me because I know if I still had that car I would not have gone through multiple years of hell sorting my current SEC. It’s especially painful to think about because the overseas move turned into a disaster and I returned to the states two years later having barely survived. Oh well. Life is full of twists and turns. Good luck.

·
Registered
1984 300SD
12 Posts
You won’t be able to find a nice SEC for that. Not now. That price range will mean an example with much work to be done and Lord only know how many issues hidden throughout. 3 years ago I paid 6900 + 2 grand shipping for my beautiful 1-owner, always garaged 500 SEC from CA to NC. Add that up with what I’ve put into it and I am at 25 grand! At least 6 grand of that was chasing an agonizing vibration issue.

These cars can have nasty problems lying in wait for your credit card. I nearly gave up. Twice! Thankfully the car is now sorted and the vibration issue resolved. She drives like a champ.

Just be aware of what can await you. The best way to buy one of these is to purchase from a trusted forum member who is selling and moving on. That’s what I did with my first SEC, which was pretty much fully sorted. I had to sell it when I moved overseas and that kills me because I know if I still had that car I would not have gone through multiple years of hell sorting my current SEC. It’s especially painful to think about because the overseas move turned into a disaster and I returned to the states two years later having barely survived. Oh well. Life is full of twists and turns. Good luck.
That's useful to know. Really I'm looking for a 300SD or 300SDL. Understandably any older car can have issues, and I haven't read anything about the 500 series and if they're more or less prone to issues. That sounds like an ordeal you went through. I'll keep looking, maybe I'm not being realistic about pricing for a decent diesel.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
17,944 Posts
There's one posted in a recent thread.

Welcome to the forum OP!

·
Registered
1984 300SD
12 Posts
There's one posted in a recent thread.

Welcome to the forum OP!
Thanks I searched for 300D and 300SD and 300SDL and did not see any after browsing back like 10 pages in the results. Do you recall offhand anything from it that would make it pop up in a search (i.e. specific search terms)? If not, no big deal. I'll try different combos and keep looking.

8501 - 8520 of 8577 Posts