1984 500SEC AMG 5.4L "Das Model"
585 Posts
FS: SEC Euro wiper valances, $40 + shipping

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,227 Posts
FS: two trunk hinges off a sedan, $80 + shipping
You're gonna need these if you're going to be mounting a trunk spoiler to an SEC, since these are more beefier and will hold up the trunk with the added weight
View attachment 2641775
These sedan hinges are unfortunately not a direct fit for the coupe.

The springs need to be removed from these to install on the coupe hinges.

Use strong zip ties to keep the springs compressed before you remove them. Otherwise they're impossible to install on the coupe hinges. Ask me how I know...

Reactions: Teutone

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,358 Posts
Two items... #1. Genuine window switches for driver's side c126 500 SEC. Nice and new looking. No smearing or rubbing off of the paint. Not URO.

#2. I could really use a new or excellent driver's side front window regulator and assembly for my 1985 Mercedes Benz 500 SEC. It needs to be in VERY good working order. Mine still works, but is a bit tired, especially towards the top where the assembly seems to flex. I am hoping to find one that is nicer, with no bending or twisting.

I believe the 560 SEC used the same regulator and assembly.

Also, if one cannot be found I would be willing to purchase a very good assembly. Basically that's everything, minus the motor. There are a few available online, but they are incorrectly assembled (I believe from URO) and therefore will not fit.

Part #4 is the regulator and #3 is the assembly. I am much more comfortable buying from someone here who knows what they are doing as opposed to a stranger on eBay. :)

·
Registered
1983 300SD Northern California
20 Posts
Parting out 1983 300SD.

SOLD -- EXCEPT FOR front bumper, hood, grille, fenders, and lamps. And A/C condenser, which may or may not be good, since the system was empty, but it looks OK.

And I have the headlight valances set aside for Mark.

At my home in Clearlake, out in the rural backwaters of Northern California, 100 miles north of San Francisco and Sacramento. Whatever you buy must be picked up here. (Make it a scenic tour of the wine country!)

Prices: WHATEVER YOU FEEL IS FAIR. Not kidding. You simply know much more about these cars than I do. ;-)

I will post photos soon.

·
Registered
1987 300SDL
36 Posts
Parting out 1983 300SD.

W126 body, OM617 engine with 5 cylinders.

I have driven it only 20 miles, but the engine seemed to run fine. And it starts instantly, even after sitting for weeks.
Automatic transmission shifts firmly.
Most body parts that bolt on should be usable. This is the aluminum hood.
Three power windows work. Sunroof works.

A/C compressor is broken and the electronics for it are no good.
Fuel tank is no good.

The interior is trashed, with only a few good pieces. ...Such as the driver's door arm-rest/pull-handle is OK. Color is Gray.

The car is at my home in Clearlake, out in the rural backwaters of Northern California, 100 miles north of San Francisco and Sacramento. Whatever you buy must be picked up here. (Make it a scenic tour of the wine country!)

You are most welcome to take the whole car, and it can be driven onto your trailer.
But it has severe structural damage to the main body all around the area of the rear suspension, and I feel it is not worth the trouble to repair.

Legal: I bought it in March and have the signed title and bill of sale from the previous owner.

Prices: WHATEVER YOU FEEL IS FAIR. Not kidding. You simply know much more about these cars than I do. ;-)
Is the radiator still good? Can you upload a pic of the engine bay?

·
Registered
1988 300SEL 158K;1980 450SL 31K
729 Posts
The radiator seems to be all right – no sign of leakage or damage. Of course, since it has no cap on top, I cannot know anything about how clean or dirty it might be inside. I drove the car only a handful miles at the time back in March, so no telling how it would handle the 100 F days we have now.

The engine is filthy, but here it is:

What is the color of your headliner ?

·
Registered
729 Posts
The interior, including headliner, is gray. But I ought to ask... could there be more than one shade of gray -- should I look for a code? The headliner seems to be all right, including the sunroof section, except for dirt.
Ah... I see you are looking for a beige one.
Here is a photo anyway.
my interior is red, the headliner is some kind of beige dots in it

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,481 Posts
The interior, including headliner, is gray. But I ought to ask... could there be more than one shade of gray -- should I look for a code? The headliner seems to be all right, including the sunroof section, except for dirt.
Ah... I see you are looking for a beige one.
Here is a photo anyway.
@fanboy you might need this rear panel no?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well, it is up to you if you want to try this gray headliner. I have never removed one, but I worry about damaging it in the process. So, I invite you to remove it yourself, with my assistance as I best can.
Actually i am not changing my headliner, i am considering changing my sun roof to W140 glass, and want extra piece to cover the W140 blind

·
Registered
1983 300SD Northern California
20 Posts
I’m looking for the holeless valance that goes under the headlights. (1990 300SEL)
I’ll be replacing the headlights with euro style and I would like to delete the wipers at the same time.

View attachment 2640343
Hi, MarkCan;

I know little about these cars, but I happen to be parting out a 1983 300SD. Any chance these valances fit your car?
I would gladly accept whatever price you feel is fair, plus the postage.

·
Premium Member
1990 300SEL
887 Posts
I'm selling a used W126 driver-side outside mirror, including the glass. In a caffeine-fueled frenzy, I somehow bought two when I only needed one. Can get a pic later. $50 + shipping, so $65 including USPS Priority Mail shipping anywhere in the US.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,227 Posts
I have an external oil cooler on my car and it's missing the rear splash shield that protects it from whatever the right front wheel throws at it.

I had one in fairly rough shape when I did the original sourcing of parts, but over time it just fell apart.

The part number is 126 884 08 35 and is of course NLA.

I believe these oil coolers came standard with the M117.968 (5.6L) engines in the rest of the world, just not here in North America. I also believe they were used with some diesel engines, I'm just not sure which ones, but that could be a source here for the shield here in North America.

Here's a photo of a good one, it's located on the passenger side of the vehicle:

If you have one, I'm a buyer.

7921 - 7940 of 7979 Posts