Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

7841 - 7860 of 7907 Posts

·
Premium Member
1991 560 SEC Black on Grey
1,898 Posts
Also need a couple accumulators for the rear suspension, any advice on which brand is best/worst?

·
Registered
1988 560SEL
82 Posts
WTB: W126 560SEL or any 4 door sedan driver's side front and rear door chrome moulding for bottom body cladding. I don't need the fender or quarter panel chrome cladding just the doors. I would like it if there is no dents or dings. Some wear fading from aging is ok just no dings or scraches please. I am in the SoCal region. If price is right I can pay for shipping too.

email is best at ty423 at yahoo dot com

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WTB rear speakers covers good condition, any colour, also rear seat backrest great condition, leather black. For 1990 560sec.

·
Registered
1984 500SEC AMG 5.4L "Das Model"
579 Posts
SOLD!
FS: MOMO Sigma Wood Steering Wheel 15" with hub

Selling an extremely rare, MOMO Sigma Wood Steering Wheel, in great condition. Comes with the genuine and extremely hard to find center pad, a Mercedes Benz Horn Button and a genuine MOMO L6004 mounting hub, $275 + shipping, PM me.

·
Registered
1990 300SEL, 2005 SL500
197 Posts
Kent has a video on restoring those parts. Although is 2 bucks. If you want factory look, give it a shot. There is before and after pic.
My covers are black so I used the trany fluid. Results were amazing.

·
Registered
1990 300SEL, 2005 SL500
197 Posts
Free to a good home.
Behr MB radiator from 90 300SEL. Cracked upper neck (easy fix) no other issues. Pressure tested earlier, core is all good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Long time Mercedes diesel owner... first gas engine owner... Recently picked up a 1991 Mercedes 560SEL (aluminum M117 V8) that had been sitting and needed work, but it ran, drove, and stopped but it was little rough (smokey). Decided to do all maintenance items (cam chain, injectors, all fluid flushes, etc). The project ended up me getting the heads off the car and realized I need a new block and pistons... Well now I'm pivoting and doing an engine swap with an LS V8 to get 560HP and want to sell all the good parts of the engine and trans to someone that can use it and keep others going. I don't have the capital to rebuild this motor correctly and would rather do something different correctly, than a half a$$ merc engine. Posted some of the items on Ebay and I will get the rest posted up throughout the week, If anyone is interested in package pricing, pick ups, OBO; PM me! Prices were set so I can recover most of my money invested so I can proceed with the new plan and some parts I have no reference for used parts because its such a rare engine.

Feel free to PM on this forum so I can get a notification or on ebay.

Only selling immediate engine electronics, transmission, and engine components. Brackets and body ECUS I will keep in case I need for the engine swap for AC and alternator to keep it as originally functioning as possible.

Car is located in Chicago, IL and odometer reads 200,000-ish miles.

Thank you,
Ed

·
Registered
'87 560 SEC, Pearl Grey/blue; 300,000+ mi; '07 CLS 550, Barolo/stone; 90,000+ mi
632 Posts
Long time Mercedes diesel owner... first gas engine owner... Recently picked up a 1991 Mercedes 560SEL (aluminum M117 V8) that had been sitting and needed work, but it ran, drove, and stopped but it was little rough (smokey). Decided to do all maintenance items (cam chain, injectors, all fluid flushes, etc). The project ended up me getting the heads off the car and realized I need a new block and pistons... Well now I'm pivoting and doing an engine swap with an LS V8 to get 560HP and want to sell all the good parts of the engine and trans to someone that can use it and keep others going. I don't have the capital to rebuild this motor correctly and would rather do something different correctly, than a half a$$ merc engine. Posted some of the items on Ebay and I will get the rest posted up throughout the week, If anyone is interested in package pricing, pick ups, OBO; PM me! Prices were set so I can recover most of my money invested so I can proceed with the new plan and some parts I have no reference for used parts because its such a rare engine.

Feel free to PM on this forum so I can get a notification or on ebay.

Only selling immediate engine electronics, transmission, and engine components. Brackets and body ECUS I will keep in case I need for the engine swap for AC and alternator to keep it as originally functioning as possible.

Car is located in Chicago, IL and odometer reads 200,000-ish miles.

Thank you,
Ed
Ed, welcome to the forum. Just out of curiosity, if the odometer is accurate, what did you find wrong with the pistons and block? Was there aluminum corrosion from the green coolant or at some point a loss of so much oil that the pistons are scored/lower tolerances?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ed, welcome to the forum. Just out of curiosity, if the odometer is accurate, what did you find wrong with the pistons and block? Was there aluminum corrosion from the green coolant or at some point a loss of so much oil that the pistons are scored/lower tolerances?
Hello Drew,

Thank you for the welcome.

Honestly believe its a couple issues. The pistons and block are deeply scored, no other issues. and Honestly thought compression was good since I had trouble rotating the assembly by hand without a 3 ft extension (should have tested that in hindsight). From my observations, engine was probably at 100,000 miles because it was an 87 year marked engine and had junkyard warranty stickers all over it. So someone blew up the original 91 that came in the car.

Now I believe the neglected fuel injectors were the cause of the scoring. I pulled out the injectors and bench tested them and only 2 had marginal flow pattern (I wouldn't have used them but it could have ran). The rest were leaking, no spray pattern and simply didn't inject fuel and had more of a flow to them which is bad! Running those injectors for that long would cause all sorts of issue to the pistons and cylinders.

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
'03 S430 '95 SL320 '81 300SD
32 Posts
I have nothing to sell but have recently found an old fashioned junk yard near me in the Raleigh-Durham area that has several W126 cars with good body parts. The yard was closed for 6-8 years before a young guy reopened it. Most of the interiors are shot but good doors, etc.. I needed a driver’s door lock (NLA including the Classic Center) so I bought a whole door for $50 and paid a local locksmith $59 to rekey it to my car. PM me for the info on the yard. He does ship and sells some on eBay. Also saw a mid ‘80’s 190 and a W140.

·
Registered
90 420SEL, 00 BMW X5, 00 Lexus RX300, 01 Chrysler Town and Country
349 Posts
I am looking for an inside rear view mirror for my 1990 420SEL. Please let me know if anybody has one.

7841 - 7860 of 7907 Posts