Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

7541 - 7560 of 7593 Posts

·
Registered
W126 560SEL
46 Posts
Hi guys!

I have a few new rare OEM parts for sale.
For example a pair of new euro headlight units, climat control stuff, HPF strut, switches etc...
All parts are new old stock.
All my listings you can see here. You are welcome to discuss everything here or via PM.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,094 Posts
does anyone have a warm up regulator for an 85 euro 500 sel, ending in 101 part number
thx

·
Registered
1990 420SEL, white ; 2002 VW Eurovan GLS
96 Posts
Hi, does anyone have a front left jack plug cover, grey and/or the round holder for the idle control valve (with plastic) and possibly the stud for it (metal/plastic/metal)? For a 1990 420
Thanks

·
Registered
'83 240D Auto, '83 240D 4spd, '83 300SD, '83 300D, '89 300SEL, '10 E63
16 Posts

Going to copy paste my listing from other places :

1989 300SEL. I have way too many other projects going on currently to keep toying with this one. I would love to get it running right as I've always loved LWB W126's, but it's just not in the cards right now.

~180k miles. Clean Louisiana title. No wrecks, as far as I can tell. No Interior water leaks, but the passenger window is stuck down in the door (opening is covered). Tires are bad, brakes feel good. A/c and radio are unknown, I'm getting no blower motor operation, and no radio power. Does have what looks to be an untouched Becker head unit. Leather is cracked up front, perfect in the back, dash is near perfect.

Now for the biggest issue. It starts up very strong almost every time, idles smooth for a bit, then starts fluctuating in RPMs, sometimes stalling out. When revving, it won't rev past 4k or so when in park, and that gets much worse when the car is under load. As the car warms up, the issue gets worse.

When first cranking up, you can get in and get the car up to around 40mph. As it warms up, it gets to a point where it's a challenge to get up hills. Sounds like it's getting too much fuel/not enough air or vice versa.

I have replaced the fuel pump, filter (twice), tank screen, drained the tank, all sensors in the head, OVP relay, fuel pump relay, disconnected catlytic converters, spark plugs, and some other parts I can't think of and it's only gotten marginally better. Trans seems to shift great and the fluid looks good. Oil pressure is great. Engine sounds wonderful when you hold the throttle at that sweet spot, then starts to spit and sputter when you keep pushing the throttle in.

I'm looking to get $900 as is for the whole car, but I would be willing to part it out. But! If I part it out I will be keeping brakes and wheels

Thanks

·
Registered
'89 420 SEL (white) & '89 420 SEL (Grey)
43 Posts
1989 420 SEL ... best for parts or a rebuild. Cheap. $600 or any reasonable offer. Located in Arlington, VA

At $600, I'm basically giving this away as a gift to help out a fellow benz enthusiast.

Here's a link to photos:

I think the body's good. Don't know about the transmission... it was told it's slipping. I started rebuilding the A/C but it has a leak.
I'm sure I could find it, but the engine just started burning coolant, thus my reluctant decision to get rid of it.

I've owned the car for about 18 years, and took excellent care of it... although I don't have a garage.

Status of A/C

I took apart the whole dash to replace all 6 HVAC vacuum actuators, all of the vacuum lines and rubber connectors.
I also replaced the A/C compressor with a new or remanufactured one (cost almost $600 for the part), and a new filter.
I didn't replace the expansion valve... which is a pain to get to, but I have a new one that I'd give away with the car.
I have all of the equipment, but it doesn't hold a vacuum, so that means it has a leak somewhere. Didn't get to look
for the leak because it started burning engine coolant... thus it no longer makes sense to me to work on the A/C.

I also have 4 unused new rotors for the brakes and a set of pads (front or rear... don't recall) which I'll include with car too.

I plan to remove the aftermarket radio and power antenna. Everything else goes with the car.

The tires are good a fairly new... probably less than 5K miles on them. Michelins.

I'm getting a replacement car this week, and once it comes, I'm looking to get rid this one.

PM me if you're interested, and let me know where you're located and when you would be able to take the car.

Thanks!

-Philip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. I have a 1985 500 SEL I want out of my backyard. It is a running car, per the previous owner but it's been sitting here for 2 years.

what I know: clean California title, runs, has some AMG stuff on it, extra set of door cards, 3.27 differential, new exhaust and cats, has a key that works. Good parts/donor car or it could be saved.

I am located in Roseville, California just outside of Sacramento. Any questions or more pics, just ask. You haul away.

$1,250

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC
217 Posts
AMG OZ Racing Mercedes Monoblocks 16X7.5 Set of 5 Made in Germany, Mercedes part #126 400 09 02.

Tires included. 4 of the tires are Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 225/50/16. They were driven a total of 4000 miles. The spare tire is a Goodyear Eagle GT 225/55/16 that is well worn but serviceable as a spare.

I do not want to separate tires from the wheels simply because it's a pain in the ass.

These have got to go. Price $900.00

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,094 Posts
It's a pain in ass if u don't have a tire machine. If u take them to a tire shop it takes 20$ and your done

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC
217 Posts
It's a pain in ass if u don't have a tire machine. If u take them to a tire shop it takes 20$ and your done
Taking these out of storage, down to a tire shop, paying the guy $20, putting them back in storage then trying to find a different buyer for the tires, clearly falls into the pain in the ass category but, thanks for your pain in the ass input.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEC 1985 300CD
1,403 Posts
WTB the right front side marker light for an SEC. Happy to buy a set if you have both. Happier still to buy a set if they are EURO markers. Finding any so far has proven to be a pain in the ass.

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2007 S550
1,354 Posts
Shipping tires and wheels is a pain in the ass. ;)
It can be- but here’s what I do (kudos to @magicbigdaddy for sharing this with me)

Stop by a discount tire or similar shop. They sell a lot of alloy wheels. If you grab the manager, they’ll likely be able to hook you up with the boxes for ones they haven’t broken down yet

Once you have a box that fits the wheels and tires, you can tape the boxes together in twos. Then, it’s trivial (and fairly priced) to ship with Greyhound :)

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,019 Posts
Shipping tires and wheels is a pain in the ass. ;)
In sets of two, and with packaging plastic wrap, packing tape, and some cardboard discs, it’s really not that bad. You also end up with a package that rolls easily so you don’t have to carry the heavy “packages”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC
217 Posts
In sets of two, and with packaging plastic wrap, packing tape, and some cardboard discs, it’s really not that bad. You also end up with a package that rolls easily so you don’t have to carry the heavy “packages”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Each tire and wheel combo is 45 lbs. Putting 2 together i.e. 90lbs is asking quite a bit of the UPS people, no?

7541 - 7560 of 7593 Posts