Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

7401 - 7420 of 7518 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
WTB: 90-91 shifter zebrano trim

I am looking for a zebrano shifter trim for 1990-1991 model (bigger opening for the shifter) in mint/excellent condition, no cracks. The below picture is an example, but I don't need it with buttons and the center plastic trim, all I need is only the wood piece. A broken/missing tab on the back is okay as long as the wood is in excellent condition. If you have one, please PM.

EDIT: A similar piece for 86-89 might do too, but I will have to enlarge the opening accordingly.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
WTB: Small part needed: locking clip @vacuum pod actuator rod to defrost flap lever

Can you pull this from a parts car for me?

Needed: the very small plastic piece that connects the defrost vacuum pod actuator round metal rod to the the defrost actuator lever arm that opens and closes the defroster flap (see photo).

locking clip for vacuum pod actuator on defrost flap arm.png

This is the same part that also locks in the round metal rod from center vent vacuum pod actuator... but that one is harder to access.

It's a small white plastic tube, maybe only 1/8" long, and the rod that it holds is probably about 6mm in diameter, although that's just a guess. It's the part that makes the actuator connect
and lock into lever that open and closes the HVAC defroster flap.

I recommend using needle nose pliers to hold and remove the part so that you won't drop it!

The part came out while replacing vacuum actuators... it fell somewhere inside the HVAC ducts and seems lost forever.

Does anyone have access to a parts car that can pull one for me? The dash has to be taken apart to access this area.

I can't seem to find this piece in a parts catalog or for sale, although I have found some "doorman" door lock actuator locking clips from their "help" products that I intend to try to see if they will work... but my concern is that those are likely to be made to fit a larger diameter actuator rod.

Your help is much appreciated, as this little tiny piece serves as critical function, and I'd hate to have problems with any type of home-made attempt at repair, given the extensive work needed to disassemble the dash to access this part.

Cheers!
-Philip

Arlington VA
@pjbMit, pjbMit

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
WTB: 560SEC Lower Left Driver Seat Trim

I’m looking for the lower trim piece on the left side of the seat. Black would be best but I can refinish other colours as long as they are intact and in good shape.

See attached photo for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
These brackets come with the Euro wipers, I have a complete set of Gen II Euro SEC wipers for $225 and I also have an air cleaner with the AMG double snorkel design where both hoses are the same size, PM me
I appreciate it, though I'm going to mock up the USA wipers first and see how they look. They're already paint matched to the car (as well as the lower trim strip with the wiper arm hole) so I'd like to avoid dumping too much more into the headlight swap if possible.
I got the headlights for under $600 for the pair, trying to keep it under a budget at least for now

·
Registered
28 Posts
Found it! + info on alternatives for vacuum pod Defroster Flap connector clip....

First, a big thank you to Dave, @gogi, who PM'd me to offer a part that might work.

Below is info on a substitute part for less than $4 that seems to work, in case anyone else needs the part, or how to get it from a dealer as part of a "lever repair kit" that my dealer wanted $200 for, and I found online for as low as $120.

I got lucky. After I put on the substitute part and turned on the blower motor, dust, some debris AND THE SMALL PART all blew out of the A/C vent! So, I put the original Benz part back. Since it lasted 30 years, and still seems pliable and strong, I figure it's good for at least another 30 years!

For substitutes,

I found this "dorman" part kit number 75450 from their "help!" series. The kit sells for less than $4.

doorman 75450.png

I used the black clip, because it fit best (not shown in first photo... but installed in the photo below).

dorman_75450.png

It worked well, and seemed fine... but I was happy to have the true Mercedes part.
I figure a box of plastic parts for $3 or $4 probably aren't designed to last for 30 years... maybe I'd get 2 or 5 years before the plastic deteriorates... maybe more, but who knows. The W126 was designed to be the best car that Mercedes knew how to build, and it shows by the little things like plastic parts that are 30 years old still feeling pliable and strong.

If anyone else needs the part and must have the mercedes one, it's included in a "operating lever repair kit" mercedes part number A0008301233

BENZ_PART.png

which will set you back somewhere between $115 to $200 for the whole kit, depending on where you buy it. It's hard to find on-line in the US, but ebay has it, plus if you call a dealer or a parts seller (like the sponsor of this forum) who have access to the world-wide Mercedes parts database, they'll let you know that it's available (at least as of the time of this post).

I was tempted to pay the $120 for the whole kit just to get this one tiny part... because i didn't want to have to disassemble the dash in a year or two or three if the substitute part failed... so you can imagine how happy I was when the OEM part blew out of the vents... It was like a hundred+ bucks fell from the sky! :)

-Phil

Can you pull this from a parts car for me?

Needed: the very small plastic piece that connects the defrost vacuum pod actuator round metal rod to the the defrost actuator lever arm that opens and closes the defroster flap (see photo).

View attachment 2524828

This is the same part that also locks in the round metal rod from center vent vacuum pod actuator... but that one is harder to access.

It's a small white plastic tube, maybe only 1/8" long, and the rod that it holds is probably about 6mm in diameter, although that's just a guess. It's the part that makes the actuator connect
and lock into lever that open and closes the HVAC defroster flap.

I recommend using needle nose pliers to hold and remove the part so that you won't drop it!

The part came out while replacing vacuum actuators... it fell somewhere inside the HVAC ducts and seems lost forever.

Does anyone have access to a parts car that can pull one for me? The dash has to be taken apart to access this area.

I can't seem to find this piece in a parts catalog or for sale, although I have found some "doorman" door lock actuator locking clips from their "help" products that I intend to try to see if they will work... but my concern is that those are likely to be made to fit a larger diameter actuator rod.

Your help is much appreciated, as this little tiny piece serves as critical function, and I'd hate to have problems with any type of home-made attempt at repair, given the extensive work needed to disassemble the dash to access this part.

Cheers!
-Philip

Arlington VA
@pjbMit, pjbMit

·
Registered
75 Posts
First, a big thank you to Dave, @gogi, who PM'd me to offer a part that might work.

Below is info on a substitute part for less than $4 that seems to work, in case anyone else needs the part, or how to get it from a dealer as part of a "lever repair kit" that my dealer wanted $200 for, and I found online for as low as $120.

I got lucky. After I put on the substitute part and turned on the blower motor, dust, some debris AND THE SMALL PART all blew out of the A/C vent! So, I put the original Benz part back. Since it lasted 30 years, and still seems pliable and strong, I figure it's good for at least another 30 years!

For substitutes,

I found this "dorman" part kit number 75450 from their "help!" series. The kit sells for less than $4.

View attachment 2525622

I used the black clip, because it fit best (not shown in first photo... but installed in the photo below).

View attachment 2525624

It worked well, and seemed fine... but I was happy to have the true Mercedes part.
I figure a box of plastic parts for $3 or $4 probably aren't designed to last for 30 years... maybe I'd get 2 or 5 years before the plastic deteriorates... maybe more, but who knows. The W126 was designed to be the best car that Mercedes knew how to build, and it shows by the little things like plastic parts that are 30 years old still feeling pliable and strong.

If anyone else needs the part and must have the mercedes one, it's included in a "operating lever repair kit" mercedes part number A0008301233

View attachment 2525626

which will set you back somewhere between $115 to $200 for the whole kit, depending on where you buy it. It's hard to find on-line in the US, but ebay has it, plus if you call a dealer or a parts seller (like the sponsor of this forum) who have access to the world-wide Mercedes parts database, they'll let you know that it's available (at least as of the time of this post).

I was tempted to pay the $120 for the whole kit just to get this one tiny part... because i didn't want to have to disassemble the dash in a year or two or three if the substitute part failed... so you can imagine how happy I was when the OEM part blew out of the vents... It was like a hundred+ bucks fell from the sky! :)

-Phil
This is Great information and I would like to see it mentioned as a fix / Sticky not under the for sale or trade section, where others can benefit from it.

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
560SEL Spares - wood, wheel, more...

All from a '90 SEL..

Sunvisors & headrests, mushroom. $40/$75

Rear door burl caps. Light clouding to clear, no cracks, $60

Climate control burl , light clouding no cracks, $75

Leather-wrapped wheel, airbag. $125

Amp (?) if that's correct? $25

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Clean up time

2-Aero 1 pre merger 17" x 8" wheels ET 11. Just refinished, never put on car, center black. 5 x 112 bolt pattern no center caps $450 each plus shipping, if interested send pm will send pic
1_ Areo ! post merger 17" x *' wheel, ET 11. Just refinished, never put on car center black. 5 x 112, bolt pattern, no center cap $450 plus shipping. If interested, pm will send pics
2- Hup centric wheel adapter, 15 mm $25.00, have lugnuts too, extra $10.00
2- Bosch 3398113504 Head light wipers, make offer, new
2- WB side skirts, knock off, new fiberglass, good mfg $250.00
SEC front grill, 85%, $150. slightly peeling chrome in one spot
Air fuel Meter, used once $125.00, comes with CO2 sensor
Upper and lower M117 intake, $75
M117 Distributor, $25
Green Dist wire, has cut but ends good, $10
Graf water pump, new $100
New passenger side snorkle $15.00
Mis antenna parts, PM me
Rear interior trim panels 85% make offer
4-R129 lug bolts, gray, extended type
New Kidney bean muffler, $175 plus shipping
2-American Headlights, $100
Headlight lens plastic. Covers glass to protect them $10
Temp/Fuel Gauge, W126 has 12 pins, $45. Also have RPM and Clock for instrument cluster
Have M117 Block, make offer
M117 Crankshaft, $100

All items plus shipping, PM me with questions or to ask for pictures of any
Will consider offers on group buy, just cleaning the garage

7401 - 7420 of 7518 Posts