Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

7361 - 7380 of 7526 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
it was a fun day stripping these 2 i found at the junk yard, both low milage in a good condition, i will go tomorrow again to take the spring coils, spindles ... etc

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
it was a fun day stripping these 2 i found at the junk yard, both low milage in a good condition, i will go tomorrow again to take the spring coils, spindles ... etc
If I did ever see a W126 at a yard, what's worth taking? Last one I saw I pulled a bunch of switches off of the center console, but wasn't sure what else was worth grabbing

·
Registered
518 Posts
i grabbed the fuel distributors, ABS modules and pumps, EZL's, Electronic ECU, middle console, door handles, instrument clusters, seat belts, door panels... etc

If I did ever see a W126 at a yard, what's worth taking? Last one I saw I pulled a bunch of switches off of the center console, but wasn't sure what else was worth grabbing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

My name is Steve and if anybody has a 1990/1991 350SD/350SDL that's in decent shape, under 175K miles, mostly original with regards to paint, mechanically sound and not too far from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, then I would be an interested buyer.

I used to own one of these beauties so I am very familiar with the dreaded bent rod problem that these cars are notoriously known for.

My dad is also a certified Mercedes-Benz Master Technician so I do not mind if the car needs some mechanical TLC.

E-mails and pictures could be sent to: [email protected]

Thanks again guys ! Cheers :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
560 sec for sale

Hey guys, i came across a 560 sec with amg body kit maybe with a GEn 1 version. its an 87 model, has a bad interior, with a weird sterring wheel. but runs and drives great, and somehow it has also headlights i havent seen before. let me know if its worth it. the askin price is 6000 usd.

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
Selling the USA front and rear bumpers off of my 1991 560 SEL. Will post a pic of the front later, but it's in similiar very good condition as the rear as shown. $250 for each plus whatever shipping is from 23060. Comes with whats shown in the photos.

I've used USHIP.COM in the past with great success.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Wanted:
1 x AMG Aero "one piece cast" Rim 8Jx17H2 ET11 (post merger ///AMG)
Part # 126 400 1102

Laymans language: 17" diameter x 8"width / PCD 112 / offset ET11

I have 3 of these rims that i have had in storage for ages.
No good to me unless i can find a 4th wheel to make up a set
See pics below
Shipping local to my Hawthorne CA address (my shipping Agent)

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,837 Posts
W126 related items for sale & wanted to buy

I’m ready to to take a sedan front and put it on my euro 1982 500sec in order to sell the car for max profit. I just replaced the bad ball joint, fixing my 45mph+ death rattle, but a bump in the road on the way home caused it to recur. I discovered a tie rod I bent and the wheels are toed out by 1/4” measuring with alignment plates. So I will do that one last attempt at fixing the car, but that still leaves it with peeling clearcoat and rust issues. The front end is pretty good though, including the paint. Maybe good items to sell.
- euro headlights with wipers
- euro front bumper with fogs
- silver SEC hood (grill has a crack though)
- silver fenders

I could sell all that stuff and put a black sedan nose on the car and paint is black, rattle can, plasti-did or whatever. It runs well and has cold AC and a nice interior aside from a 1” rip in the driver bolster that has yet to blow up, and some cracks in the dash.

I’m in the Philadelphia area, Delaware and am willing to work with someone, but not in a rush. I have not started parting the 280se 4-speed sedan, and also have the option to just stuff all these cars in my sister’s barn for a few years to forget about all these projects for a while. I’m just thinking about this one because the ball joint was just replaced and tested yesterday.

Edit:
Pics I took tonight.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Hey guys, i came across a 560 sec with amg body kit maybe with a GEn 1 version. its an 87 model, has a bad interior, with a weird sterring wheel. but runs and drives great, and somehow it has also headlights i havent seen before. let me know if its worth it. the askin price is 6000 usd.
could be interesting project

yeah lights are something ive never seen

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
A vew things some of you might be interested in:

AMG Wide body replica side skirts. Fiberglass $350
SEC grill, will send pics if interested. Maybe 85% perfect $150
Mercedes type wheels, 112 x 8” x17” ET 25 $400. Only 500 miles no curb rash
Air Fuel Guage with oxygen sensor $150.00

All items plus actual shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
1989 420SEL 231k and plenty to go

After much internal debate I've decided its time to put my old reliable '89 420SEL up for sale. She's not perfect but still shows reasonably well and should go to someone that will drive her. With 3 cars and a motorcycle, it's just not reasonable for me to keep her anymore. Asking $2900, pm me or reach out via CL. Located in Newtown CT.

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/d/botsford-1989-mercedes-benz-420sel/6904851421.html

Attachments

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,261 Posts
FS Drivers and passenger door mirrors

For W126 chassis, I have 2 x manual drivers door mirrors, a gen I (square 4 prong plug) passenger power mirror, and a passenger Gen II with 5 prong plug.'
All four have good mirror glass. See pictures

Asking $45 for the drivers, and $70 for the motorized passenger (or $100 for a L + R pair) + shipping

Attachments

·
39,261 Posts
R passenger mirror manual

Oddball for US cars, R passenger side door mirror manual control lever (no power mirror). Paint in back could use some TLC, Glass/mirror is fine including around the edges.
These may be the norm in RHD Countries, bit in 20 + years of wrecking yard visits, it's the only one I have ever come across over here.

$40 + shipping

Attachments

·
39,261 Posts
For W126 chassis, I have 2 x manual drivers door mirrors, a gen I (square 4 prong plug) passenger power mirror, and a passenger Gen II with 5 prong plug.'
All four have good mirror glass. See pictures

Asking $45 for the drivers, and $70 for the motorized passenger (or $100 for a L + R pair) + shipping
Pair of L drivers and R passengers 5-prong connector power mirror has sold

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have two 1991 560SELs for sale plus a bunch of parts.
All in Apex, NC, USA.
One is my current daily driver: White, rusting, 213k. I have given up on this one due to rust in places I can't fix so I bought the second one about a year ago to transition to.
Second one: Black, no rust, 180k? (I set the odometer to 280085 as a joke since the odo gears striped anyway) It's got ASR that I think is getting in the way of it starting or running properly.
I also have three 19x8.5 and one 19x9.5 AMG Aero Monoblock Style II (2) ET47 wheels that likely wouldn't fit on these and could use refurbishing.

My job is taking so much of my time that I can't work on ether anymore. I'm getting a new car by the end of June so one or both of these will be sold, traded or junked to make room and money.
Please call or text 754-366-1(James Bond's three digits)

7361 - 7380 of 7526 Posts