Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

7221 - 7240 of 7525 Posts

·
3,939 Posts
Unsolicited KUDOS: bsclifton

Today, I received yet another packet of 126 treats from Brian.

He's a straight shooter, communicates well to make it work, and his pricing is very fair, I have found.

With this last minor $ purchase, he made sure we were speaking of the very same item, then packed them really well and shipped out to here in a couple days.

When I opened the package, I was astounded to see each item individually wrapped/protected inside the bubble cushioned shipping envelope.

This was a little transaction, his costs with the envelope & postal charges were a huge part of the very reasonable total.. but when I saw the care given my purchase, I was moved to post a pic.. and an 'atta-boy'

Thank you Brian.

M

Attachments

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I don’t think you’re going to want to do this

Most shops don’t have equipment for laser cutting the keys. If you opt for brass instead, it can ruin your ignition. Unlike newer FOB keys (which can cost $150 or more), replacement keys are around $40 a piece
I just wanted to second this emotion. A key is a key is a key. Right? WRONG!! Both of my mechanics warned me about this but I didn't take their advice. I will spare the reader the gory details but this cost me $1200.00 to fix. Get your keys from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Would like to know if anyone has some new hydraulic valve compensators for sale for the M117 engine. Can be from some other M117’s but let me know which one. Can be MB or INA, not Febi

·
3,939 Posts
Would like to know if anyone has some new hydraulic valve compensators for sale for the M117 engine. Can be from some other M117’s but let me know which one. Can be MB or INA, not Febi
In addition, INA 116 050 04 80 Compensators are available through Autohausaz.

https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/1160500480

MBL

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
The W126 is sold, now help me clean out the garage:
Left and Right Front seats in grey leather. no splits, in good shape. $200
Transmission, recently rebuilt before car was parted with torque converter $200
Rear subframe $75
left rear trailing arm and hub $100
you have to come get it! I will not ship.
Located in Newburgh, Ny in the Hudson Valley region.
email me:
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
RE: wheels above: Nice! I just picked up a set of pre-merger ones that are otherwise identical (I think?) for my 560SEC. Getting them refurbed right now and then will have some pics

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,984 Posts
Thank you!! I would love to learn how you found it, so i can learn and search for them on my own.
I see now that was right there under my nose on FCP, i tried both
mbonlineparts
and
https://www.iauto.lt/mercedes-benz/Car/500_SE_JAPAN_430/FUEL_SYSTEM_21942&EPC_SubGroups_ID=438491

again thank you
You're welcome!

To be honest, I found it in my old personal records. But I backtracked it on this website: https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/mercedes/1/fg/126045/571/54/645/

Be careful when ordering. The one I received had clips too large to hold the ABS and brake warning light wires. I don't know if the part was superceded or what. Just a heads up.

If you're near a dealer, I'd order it there so it's easy to return if it's not right. It's a cheap part.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For sale: aftermarket W126 chrome fender arches
Brand is SL Factory, made in Thailand
Came off a 560SEC, but apparently will fit all W126
Overall in pretty good condition, I think 1 screw is missing, and 1 of arches has a damaged mounting hole.
They have black plastic protector trim on the upper edge, where they rest on the paint.
Chrome is clean with minimal marks (one has a small dent, top one towards the left you can see in the photos)
$60 shipped

PICTURES: https://imgur.com/a/oCuV6cA

7221 - 7240 of 7525 Posts