Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W126 related F/S Board here?

1K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Dr.Grillz 
#1 ·
Hi Gents,

i posted on the F/S-Board and i think tomorrow it will disappear from
the first side between all other parts of 123, 116, 202 and so on...

How about a little W126 related F/S board here? Or is it allowed, to make special
offers here?

Offers would not disappear so quick and really reach the people who need the parts.

What do you think about that?

Roland

#3 ·
Sorry, this has previously been canvassed and the concensus was there is a F/S section where items for sale should go...

The search function works in the F/S section as well, just make sure when items get posted that 126 is in the thread title.

#4 ·
I must have missed the discussion, and think this would be a great idea myself. I rarely venture off the w126 board and don't really want to - I don't have all day to peruse all kinds of subforums and look for w126-related content. We currently have two DIY stickies and a service manual sticky - three permanent threads that could certainly be consolidated, as well.

#8 · (Edited)
I don't always check the FS section as I prefer to spend most of my free time on our forum and as a result have found that often times I'm too late on a buying opportunity in the generic FS section.

At least give sellers the opportunity to alert us here first. I have seen people get called out for listing here and I believe it's a deterrent for some folks making an announcement here. I personally am NOT offended with w126 parts for sale on our forum as our car (and parts) population get smaller/scarcer. It's part of the reason why we're here isn't it ... to make our cars better?

#6 ·
I personally dont see why its a problem for people to start a tread with stuff they want to sell.
It gets jumped on pretty quick by the mods when people do,and Im sure theres a reason though im not sure why exactly?
I personally dont look a the for sale on here at all, in fact I only really come to the 126 section and only do searches in this Forum .
Im pretty sure Im not the only one.

#7 ·
I'm the same, I Barely touch the FS section of the forum.. If I do post something in FS I always mention it here @ the minimum as I suspect there are many others like me (us?)..

Anywho, I'd like to have a FS sticky @ the top of this forum:)

Jonathan

#10 ·
I'm for a w126 parts sticky-- or just allowing listings of F/S stuff here-- it does seem as though enough folks like to stay right here, and it would be convenient...

Maybe there should be a rule for the sticky in that threads are limited to a run of three months or something-- then you won't have the "Is this still available??" bumps happening.

D

#15 ·
There was never a problem, and occasional sales post by members on the W126 are O.K.
Other BenzWorld forae are not as permissive.

Should we draw the line, when it becomes obvious a member is using the forum on a commercial level, i.e. to do business?

Example: As far as know Roland560SEL works for one of the larger German Mercedes part sellers, but I don't think he as ever tried to use the forum as a sales tool.
When, as a fellow W126 enthusiast, he sometimes brings to our attention hard to find items, like TRY-Y headers etc, it is always welcome.
Cheers

#16 ·
Teutone, BenzWorld.org does not allow commercial sales and that has to be followed. However, private sales of items are allowed. As you pointed out, some members work for a commercial company dealing with parts. If the part that is sold is not in any way tied to their company or business, it would be allowed.

But you did bring up a good point about not having vendors all of the sudden spamming with sales like we've had in the past. Most people here on the forum already know who is who and I don't think that should be a problem.

The For Sale section does get cluttered with lots of posts and a thread that was posted in the morning can be found on the 2nd page by mid-day.

So, in the mean time I posted a sticky like you guys wanted. If it does get out of hand then we'll remove it but I don't think it will reach to that point. Or at least I hope so:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.