Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is it possible to fit an e55 supercharger on a m117 engine? And is it possible to get it to work properly?

Ok little about the car Car is an w126 500se 85mod pre facelift (euro car) and has a Vems efi system fitted.

I have the opportunity to buy one e55amg charger of a friend but i have a few conserns.
What can i do to the eletric clutch on the charger?
and thinking this charger is made for an 550 engine is it even possible to get it to work fo real on a 500engine?

I have free access to cnc machineso im ot worried about adapter plates,brackets, and bigger o smaller pulleys

·
Registered
8,893 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I posted this a while back but has anybody finished a custom intake manifold for the M117 engine?

I am looking to build one and do an EFI setup with a Vems or AEM ecu

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I posted this a while back but has anybody finished a custom intake manifold for the M117 engine?

I am looking to build one and do an EFI setup with a Vems or AEM ecu
Yep. Carobu Engineering built one for me. I have a 1986 560 SL - M117 - so its the 2 valve version. It's now at 380+ bhp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wanted to quickly mention that DKUBUS is currently doing performance mods to a customers 560SEC.

He added 276 cams and FrakenCIS to put out 355HP (stock intake manifold).

Compared to the 385HP that Carobu managed to put down, DKUBUS' route seems far more affordable for anyone itching for more performance.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts
About this Discussion
110 Replies
52 Participants
Teutone
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing