Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Fantastic place!!!

Fascinating.

One thing I noticed was the Mercedes Benz inevitably were the OLDEST cars to be seen over there. That sure says a lot about how good they were built, *especially* since a lot of them were imported to Lebanon AFTER they failed the safety inspections in countries like the Netherlands and Germany and yet they continue to soldier on everywhere in the Middle East, even if they are 25-30 years old at this point.

We have an occasional poster on benzworld, called "Silver Arrow" from Lebanon that checks in sometimes, with news from Beirut and Lebanon, who owns a silver R129 car and is the head of a Mercedes Benz Club in Lebanon.

It's such a beautiful place, and Beirut is truly the Paris of the Middle East. I would absolutely love to visit it one day. A souvenir I would love to buy is a set of the "Liban" license plates, I wonder how I could do that.

You could very easily argue that Lebanese Girls are the most beautiful in the world. they are so hotttttttttttttttttt....:bowdown:

Fabulous photos of modern Lebanon are seen here,

☆ Beirut Nightlife ☆ - SkyscraperCity

and on the forum all about Lebanon which can be found on SkyscraperCity - Powered by vBulletin

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Exactly what I am looking for, those new ones.

New Plate
and Old plate

enjoy
Where could I buy a set of those to collect, those like on that Mini

·
Registered
328 Posts
Where could I buy a set of those to collect, those like on that Mini
you need to show that you do own those plates before the plate maker will stamp a set for you. So basically there is no way you can have a set made unless you know a crooked plate maker and give him a bribe. But they are getting more and more difficult to find because after the spate of car bombings in the last 3 years the government has been tougher on security and the stamping of new plates.

p.s: the easiest option is for someone from lebanon to send you their plates and make a new set for themselves or just make you a new set for yourself with their car registration document.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts