Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thank you sir, what a great writing!! as a plan B do you know which pin to target on X-30 block in case i decided to install it there ?
I did a complete writeup on the X-30 block and posted the link in my first post on this thread.

I'm sorry the pics disappeared AGAIN! Edit rights have been taken away, so I cannot restore them again. I restored ALL of the pics in all of my threads two years ago, but they have poof'ed again.

Sorry.

Reactions: RobertD

·
Premium Member
1991 560 SEL
110 Posts
also i bought Lexus RX 350 KEYLESS ENTRY DOOR WARNING BUZZER (eBay item number:112488284176) and plug it to the pink wire (Horn wire).
Ah, interesting! Can I assume this makes a chirp or beep sound when you lock / unlock? Are you mounting this in the trunk as well?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1988 300SEL 158K;1980 450SL 31K
729 Posts
No, i ran it outside the trunk from one of the rubber seals in the trunk and i mounted behind the bumper from inside to keep it away from water.

Ah, interesting! Can I assume this makes a chirp or beep sound when you lock / unlock? Are you mounting this in the trunk as well?

·
Registered
1988 300SEL 158K;1980 450SL 31K
729 Posts
This the the final result.

youtu.be/LDq_YAKcW7E

QUOTE=RobertD;17744806]Ah, interesting! Can I assume this makes a chirp or beep sound when you lock / unlock? Are you mounting this in the trunk as well?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Reactions: Faiz Jan

·
Registered
1991 420 SEL
301 Posts
Another thread of awesome.

I installed mine, a rightclick unit, and have this issue:

When I 'lock', it works OK - the doors and truck lock. When I unlock, it appears the first cycle tries to unlock (which is correct I think), then the next cycle goes back to lock.

So pressing unlock does not work.

Any ideas?

Pete

·
Premium Member
1991 560 SEL
110 Posts
Hey Pete - I don't have the instructions in front of me right now, but that sounds like an issue with the settings. The "settings" on the device are, if I recall correctly, done with tiny switches. There are several patterns of signals that the device can send, and it sounds like yours is set to the wrong one - perhaps one that sends a double pulse. I think somewhere in the thread above the correct settings are mentioned?

·
Registered
1991 420 SEL
301 Posts
Thanks Robert. I read the thread and didn't see the reference. I used partnumber187's wiring. I have also been in contact with rightclick and they didn't mention the switches. I THINK that's now done with the external wires you connect together.

I sent rightclick everything I've done and am waiting for a response.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
LMK if you need help reading the schematics as I am an EE and Computer Scientist and this is my original post.

·
Registered
1989 300SE 232k miles
1,553 Posts
I dabbled with these in the r129 forum a couple years back. I bought and put one in my friend’s ‘96. We bought it from a US company for $150 - $250. Before it arrived, I found the same thing on aliexpress for $25. So I ordered one for my ‘96.

The ‘96 model year was a transition from gen I to gen II. So depending on your car, you had some parts of both. Or, in the case of the remote entry, you had the worst. A single infra-red only receiver on the rear view mirror. Pre-96 had 3 IR receivers. Post-96 returned the 3 IT receivers and added high frequency.

On the electronics for the pneumatic pump, the years before ‘96 were one set of frequency patterns. The years after ‘96 were a different set of patterns. What we eventually figured out was for the ‘96 model year, the frequency pattern and time required was not reproducible by these units.

Additionally, the key blank was a pita. One reason we bought the unit for my friend is he was down to one key. MB here wanted $40 for a cut blade key. Another place in town wanted $40 to cut the blank key. I was quoted $90 per key at the various hardware stores. This is just the switchblade key blank.

Eventually I figured out the hardware stores were quoting me based on them providing and cutting a chipped, blank blade (‘96 was the last non-chipped year). Once I explained it was non-chipped and I was providing the blade, it was <$10 each.

Some people say you need MB steel keys. That may be, but my friend is over 4 years now using the aftermarket key. ...No remote entry, but he uses those aftermarket keys.

·
Registered
1989 300SE 232k miles
1,553 Posts
Now that I’ve said all that, I’ve been eyeing one of these for my current car. And I have a question: The unit that comes with power window control, has anyone connected that to our power windows?

One thing I’ve been planning/working out is creating a single master switch to control all the windows, simultaneously. Integrating that and a remote entry would be...amazing.

·
Registered
1991 420 SEL
301 Posts
My onging issues with RightClick. They SUCK. I had other things going on so on installation went past the feedback window on ebay, my fault. At that point they just stopped replying to my messages.

Fortunately, I had paid with Paypal. I contacted Rightclick through there and they gave me the exact same BS they did through ebay - it must be SOP, a blowoff form email.

For the record, after fighting with the unit, checking all my connections, trying to get it to work, I asked them to send me a replacement unit and, if it did not fix the issue, I would pay for it.

Anyway after making a claim on Paypal I can get a return if I send it back (as usuall). After sending it back I'll get about 5 bucks back, net.

Out of curiousity I looked at Rightclick's feedback. Usually good but the negatives tell the story. Check them out - he always blames the buyer. I've been on ebay since 02 as a buyer and occasional seller and that's the indesputable mark of an a**hole seller. Yes he ships fast, but if there's a problem...

I'm not saying don't buy the units, most of them obviously work and even now, after almost doubling his prices, they still aren't terribly expensive. Just watch yourself though, pay with paypal, and file a claim immediately against Rightclick if there's a hint of an issue - go in with your eyes wide open.

Rant over ;) Anyone has any suggestions on another brand?

Thansk

Pete

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,473 Posts
I would never send back an item unless postage is paid for, if its a faulty unit. Its no fault of yours is it. But maybe consumer laws vary over there.

·
Registered
1991 420 SEL
301 Posts
I agree, that's how it should be. But paying the return shipping is standard Paypal rules here. With problems, a good seller pays the return shipping anyway, usually (I have). He also knows I'm past the feedback window.

The good news, I see there's about 800 million of these units for sale! For way less than Rightclick. I'll try one and post.

Pete

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,356 Posts
Last year I mentioned to Pierre Hedary how I would eventually like keyless entry for my SEC.

The look on his face... I thought he was going to have me shot. :ROFLMAO:

Needless to say, I don't think I will ever bother with it. Too many other issues to deal with. I think a front/rear dash-cam is more important. They come in handy if you are ever hit.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,473 Posts
Keyless entry is well worth doing. Harder on generation one cars though.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
My Gen I SEC had an old alarm system that was no longer functional. The wiring was like an out of control Christmas display. Pierre's guy had a hell of a time getting it all out of there.

·
W201 Moderator
89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
3,186 Posts
My onging issues with RightClick. They SUCK. I had other things going on so on installation went past the feedback window on ebay, my fault. At that point they just stopped replying to my messages.

Fortunately, I had paid with Paypal. I contacted Rightclick through there and they gave me the exact same BS they did through ebay - it must be SOP, a blowoff form email.

For the record, after fighting with the unit, checking all my connections, trying to get it to work, I asked them to send me a replacement unit and, if it did not fix the issue, I would pay for it.

Anyway after making a claim on Paypal I can get a return if I send it back (as usuall). After sending it back I'll get about 5 bucks back, net.

Out of curiousity I looked at Rightclick's feedback. Usually good but the negatives tell the story. Check them out - he always blames the buyer. I've been on ebay since 02 as a buyer and occasional seller and that's the indesputable mark of an a**hole seller. Yes he ships fast, but if there's a problem...

I'm not saying don't buy the units, most of them obviously work and even now, after almost doubling his prices, they still aren't terribly expensive. Just watch yourself though, pay with paypal, and file a claim immediately against Rightclick if there's a hint of an issue - go in with your eyes wide open.

Rant over ;) Anyone has any suggestions on another brand?

Thansk

Pete
I had a similar issue on my installation 2-3 years ago. It would operate in one direction but not the other. Reason was a weak connection at the 12V (constant power). The system takes a lot more current in one direction than in the other direction. So it could open but not close (or vice versa, I do not remember). So make sure you have a solid 12V connection. I had crimped mine originally. I soldered the 12V wire and has worked fine for 3 years now. See if this is your problem.

·
Registered
1995 E300D
912 Posts
Last year I mentioned to Pierre Hedary how I would eventually like keyless entry for my SEC.

The look on his face... I thought he was going to have me shot. :ROFLMAO:

Needless to say, I don't think I will ever bother with it. Too many other issues to deal with. I think a front/rear dash-cam is more important. They come in handy if you are ever hit.
Pierre is VERY particular about leaving things the way that Mercedes intended them to be. "Remember, the Mercedes engineers were smarter than you" is one of his favorite quotes, whenever I ask about modifying something. 9.9 times out of 10, Pierre is correct, in my experience.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Agreed. I am not as strict as he is, but I take his advice more often than not. He has never steered me wrong.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts