Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 500SEc ,english delivered, with high idle problems.Electronic diagnosis points to the contriol unit.
I have asked everyone here .." where is it?"
no one knows,I was told it was under the passenger side foot well,but it's not there.It's a RHD car so it's not in the position indicated on the factory CD either.
Any other RHD owners found it?
Does anyone have any idea of the part numbers for this thing.?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
42,200 Posts
Congrats to your car and welcome to the forum.
To edit your personal profile to include your car mod. and location, you can use the control panel on the top right.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice.

Mercedes Benz at www.mbusa.com used to sell the official 2 CD service manual for $ 20. Unfortunately it is not being offered at the present time.
We hope it's only temporary.

The location of the idle control unit was discussed by UK, NZ, and Australian members recently.
You can check the DIY thread above, or type your question into the 'search this forum' box on the top right. It will get you all archived post re. your problem.

You might try the Russian MB site. Don't put in a mod. or vin, click on cars and scroll down, until you get to yours: Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé MB

Good luck

·
Registered
1989 500 SEC, Arctic White (147)/Sato Grey (7738) - Dark Blue Leather (262)
124 Posts
mercmad6.3 said:
I have 500SEc ,english delivered, with high idle problems.Electronic diagnosis points to the contriol unit.
I have asked everyone here .." where is it?"
no one knows,I was told it was under the passenger side foot well,but it's not there.It's a RHD car so it's not in the position indicated on the factory CD either.
Any other RHD owners found it?
Does anyone have any idea of the part numbers for this thing.?
Mine is an '89 and it's at the front of the passenger side footwell, underneath the large plastic cover which also covers the main engine management unit.

I think the 'pre 86 ones may be either under the steering column somewhere or in the engine compartment.

J.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jonathan,I just went and had a look at this thing and it's under the steering column,what a bugger of place!!!.I can barely see it let alone get it out.
I've found a second hand unit which i can hook up and see if it improves the idle.

Teutone said:
Congrats to your car and welcome to the forum.
To edit your personal profile to include your car mod. and location, you can use the control panel on the top right.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice.

Mercedes Benz at www.mbusa.com used to sell the official 2 CD service manual for $ 20. Unfortunately it is not being offered at the present time.
We hope it's only temporary.

The location of the idle control unit was discussed by UK, NZ, and Australian members recently.
You can check the DIY thread above, or type your question into the 'search this forum' box on the top right. It will get you all archived post re. your problem.

You might try the Russian MB site. Don't put in a mod. or vin, click on cars and scroll down, until you get to yours: Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé MB

Good luck
I've been on here,on and off since 2004 with this ID and before that, with another ID where I posted a heck of a lot more posts than is shown here on my present count..So I do have a rough idea how it all works.This particular 500 is one of three that I have,and all are different!.
I have, and prefer, older mercs ( W109 etc ) so I am normally only in the vintage section.
I have the full history of this car from the russian site and it's ultralong list of options including a tow hitch ....
I have all the factory manuals and microifische for the W126 but none have any clear indications about such things as vacuum lines and of course the location of such things as the idle control.
There are several different types of idle control ,thats why i was asking about the part numbers for the unit applicable for the W126 500SEC.107's ,as an example,are vastll diferent and won't fit on ther plug connector.
Cheers and many thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts