Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SEL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking everywhere and have found some sources to help with my questions,,,, Any Info Helps!!

I have a cracked sunroof seal and I think the few times it has folded under when rolling the sunroof back it stressed the metal bar that holds the seal to the point of sheering the screws ( I think it is screws)

So now there is that metal bar flopping and I cannot even put the old seal in place!

The pics are of the metal bar when its down, and me holding it in proper place where it should be, and one picture shows the holes where the screws go in (the bar is pulled out)

How can I get to this location?

kodiakj2 posted a link that would seem like a viable option,
is total sunroof removal the only way to fix this?
Speeding up that slow sunroof.

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 560SEL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any one with any experience with this or links to information would be really helpful!

·
Registered
Gen II 560 SEC
75 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm answering the question that you have.. however, the seal just pushes into place. Use a little silicone spray to ease the seal into place.

I recently put in a seal and I found that if you line the corners up and work from that point out it goes n pretty easy. The silicone helps you to slide and adjust as needed. Be sure to push in enough that all the little ribs on the seal are inserted into the clips on the roof... thus the seal will now fit flush all the way round.

For the record, the W126 coupe and W140 coupe s/r seals are the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts