Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 420SEL
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys....ive got a 1989 420SEL (126) for sale....i've attached some pictures of the car and engine bay as well as km's

its Black, with Black Tints
i dont think i need to list the features cuz every1 knows them already
The Car has 340k on it...
The car is in Toronto, so if you would like to come see it PM me and i'll set up a time and date

Cheers, Jaron

I have ordered a new battery for the car.....if it is bought before it arrives, new owner is responsible for buyin the battery

Mercedes 420SEL 001.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 002.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 003.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 004.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 005.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 007.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 008.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 009.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 010.jpg

Mercedes 420SEL 011.jpg

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts
Looks like it would be ok for parts....but thats about it. Love the TAPE on the seat.
You'll be lucky to get any offers at all.The truth can be brutal.

·
Registered
Mercedes 420SEL
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lmao ohh well...u kno...what ever i can get ... a decent offer tho...cause its a LOT on gas, and well i cant afford it

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
The wheel is turned thats why and because when the wheel turns on these the wheel, oh how to explain turns or slants. Therefore a smaller part of the tyre is taking all the pressure of the car thus if the tyre is not pumped right up the rubber will compress, due to the weight of what is a very heavy car. You can even see in the photo the tyre squashed a bit. I would put more air in it as it will destroy the wall if it is like that for ages.

·
Premium Member
1988 560SEC, 1987 420SEL, 1986 500SE
1,905 Posts
I don't know bro, my 420 does not do that fo sho.

Anyway, I think this car is best sold off for parts, otherwise the crappier parts will be the limiting factor in what price you can fetch. Just my opinion of course, but I think with those cosmetics (or lack thereof) you're not even going to lure in the casual buyer.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Kalifornia said:
I don't know bro, my 420 does not do that fo sho.

Anyway, I think this car is best sold off for parts, otherwise the crappier parts will be the limiting factor in what price you can fetch. Just my opinion of course, but I think with those cosmetics (or lack thereof) you're not even going to lure in the casual buyer.
Hmmmm I have just looked at the photos and it seems you are right. I know my car slanted once because one of the tyres was low but that one on a closer inspection looks fullish.

·
Premium Member
1988 560SEC, 1987 420SEL, 1986 500SE
1,905 Posts
If this was San Diego, you'd expect 16 switches and some big ole hydraulics in the trunk...this maneuver would be the "Corner". However...this car being in Canada, I would suspect an axle/suspension problem.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Kalifornia said:
If this was San Diego, you'd expect 16 switches and some big ole hydraulics in the trunk...this maneuver would be the "Corner". However...this car being in Canada, I would suspect an axle/suspension problem.
I think 3k for this car is wishful thinking. If he has the knowhow he should consider cutting it up for parts. Shame because the bodywork looks ok but the inside is well... and the engine bay looks like yea..... I like the black on black look and also is that little bump on the rear windshield an antenna?

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts
Jaron said:
LOL mayb i chose the wrong site to try n sell this car...hahha...
Sorry bout that A... If you have the where with all....parting it out could bring you more then the sum of the whole.
If not...Ya...Its the wrong board.Everyone here already has one & our fav thing to do is Knock everyone elses. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

If ya wanna get back at us...tell us your going to buy a Ford or a Japaneze Econ-box.It'll piss us all off.....& well feel justified at ragging on your "in-Need-Of-Help" Benzo.
(I like the car,its the right color...can you deliver?)

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1989 560SEC AMG Euro / 2012 C300 4Matic Sport / 2006 CLS500 AMG
2,349 Posts
I call dibs on the cellular phone, not that it would work but it sure could be cool for that whole period-perfect factor.

- Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts