Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2006 BMW M3 Comp, Almost everything from AC Schnitzer catalog.
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around on Youtube when I came across this

YouTube - SEL55...??

I dont know what else to really say??

This guy has to be an idiot doing this

·
Registered
1980 380 SE (Euro)
756 Posts
uh... i don't think he's an idiot at all, i'm actually pretty damn impressed.

i'd LOVE to have a sleeper like that. (i'd even badge it down to a 280se just to mess with people!)

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes-Benz W126 280 SE
961 Posts
Why would he be an idiot? If he's got the $$ to do it, why not?? ;-)

He now owns a one-of-a-kind unique vehicle which he can be proud of!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well please excuse my wording then...Thinking about it it is quite a modification made....

But then again how much does a 420 SEL cost and an SLK55?? To take one apart is ......Well doesnt matter...Anyone have any details on this car by any chance??

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm sure he didn't pull the engine out of a perfectly good SLK55..you can buy these engines which have been removed from wrecks, fire damage etc from several engine companies around the world. ;-)

Tho, the time, engineering and dollars that went into it I can imagine to be very extensive. Not as simple as it looks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im sure the transmission isnt the original from the W126...Ive messaged the guy on YouTube seeing if he knows anything more

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
You guys actually believe this?? Hes just photoshopped the top of the M113 over the standard 420. take closer looks. Oh and that sounds nothing like the AMG M113, wheres the whine, you should be able to hear it over that gay music. Heres a pic so you can compare. However id love to be proved wrong just to see this actually done would be cool, but I doubt youd leave the car looking stock like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
m0t0riggy said:
Im sure the transmission isnt the original from the W126...Ive messaged the guy on YouTube seeing if he knows anything more
you think?? 350Kw through a 722.XXX? I give up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I said I was sure it wont work:D

Doesnt look too fake:confused:

·
Registered
E320
2,798 Posts
lander91 said:
you think?? 350Kw through a 722.XXX? I give up.

AAHAHAHAHAHA!!! whatanüb!

and yeah, that's the worst photoshop ever. i'd love to kick that poser nutgobbler right in the neck.. it's a stock 420 with the exhaust cut off. guarentee it. probably rex...

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
126 Posts
yah, thats a photoshopped engine alright. The 55 engines has two snorkel intake tubes, one on each side. If this is a true vehicle, why would the video have a still picture for the engine shot and whole vehicle shot? then a horrible all over the place shot, that way to dark to see anything?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats a good question...If hes so proud of that why didnt he get out and show it while it was running...:confused: ...Although the sound is quite close to a SL55...but I have not heard one of those rev up that high in a while..

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
This guy used to post on this forum his sig included a 700hp skyline GTR or something, i think he got flamed a bit for asking the usual "what after market perf. stuff is avaliable", when he says he has a bottle rocket like the skyline, whats the point of doing up a 420?

·
Registered
E320
2,798 Posts
hahaha.. i remeber that guy! i flamed him for sure. not in a mean way, but i remember i kept asking him why he'd be so interested in upgrades for his 126 if he has a 1,000,000hp R34 Skyline GTR. i knew he was a troll/liar from the get go, but now he's crossed the line.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Haha, what a dumbshit! If I was blazin, I'm sure I would've picked up straight away that the AMG was a fake! The power of the natural 'erb ey!

·
Registered
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
You guys are on to it, though, it doesn't take a genius to see it is fake

* A single M117 snorkel
* M117 plumbing around the engine
* A pretty standard looking W126 radiator (surely not adequate)

...and a couple of photoshop booboos
* The front of the engine cover has mysteriously merged with the fan shroud
* A small portion of the M117 power steering reservoir is visible

·
Registered
1990 W126 300SE - High Mileage Award
995 Posts
That's a great motor! I have one in my '53 300D Adenauer cabriolet, and one in my 540K!

Seriously, one needn't even bother looking at the oustside of the car or the engine bay to figure out that this guy is full of BS. Maybe someone could put that mill in there, and maybe they would leave on the VERY DIRTY 15-hole wheels (I wouldn't) but there is one dead giveaway in this video. The car supposedly was built for an old man who wanted "new-Benz power" in their older s-class. A respectable aim. However, the "old man" would probably be perfectly happy with the Becker head unit, or would upgrade to a unit that is more user-friendly, like a Nakamichi. The bling-bling ricer deck in that car would not appeal much to someone who is scared that the devil will steal their soul via power-folding mirrors.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts