Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1989 SEL 560
581 Posts
I see that you are a new member. Welcome. It will help everyone if you fill in your location. You may get lucky and someone near you has what you are looking for. Good luck.

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
4,653 Posts

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,311 Posts
anyone selling 90-91 wood center console?
I am having a black one restored as I type this with Igor (he's the best). My intention was to put it in my 500 SEC, but I actually kind of like not having it (it seems more pure that way being a Gen I) and was thinking of selling it. It will be perfect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having a black one restored as I type this with Igor (he's the best). My intention was to put it in my 500 SEC, but I actually kind of like not having it (it seems more pure that way being a Gen I) and was thinking of selling it. It will be perfect.
Is it Zebrano wood? if so is it the 90-91 year?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's the same wood used in the SEC's and SEL. I can never keep straight which type of wood is which. It's not the wood used in the diesels. As for what year, I don't know how I can ascertain that. Perhaps someone here can shed some light on that?

The unit will be back in my hands in a week or two and I will be able to take pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's the same wood used in the SEC's and SEL. I can never keep straight which type of wood is which. It's not the wood used in the diesels. As for what year, I don't know how I can ascertain that. Perhaps someone here can shed some light on that?

The unit will be back in my hands in a week or two and I will be able to take pictures.
Great thanks!

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,322 Posts
In America they packaged by engine size, which isn't normal for MB, everything is an option with them normally.
So I think the 420 got zebrano in the states and the 560 got walnut. Unless it would be a rare specced up car. Possible but unusual.
Gen one cars I'm not sure how it worked there.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes, I do recall that 420's had different wood than the 500's and 560's. I made sure that when I bought the center console box it had wood matching my 500 SEC. I guess that means walnut.

I have grown to like my Gen I look. The only aspects of Gen II that I miss are the telescoping steering wheel and the memory functions for the seats.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts