Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hye, anyone please help me,
I got this 1983 w126 280se. For 1 year I'm using it is very okay, overall condition is still good. Last night the delivery hose from the filter to the fuel line broke, I took a new hose and fit it. The car running well, done several ramps. I took for a drive and I realise another hose is broken. The hose from the fuel tank to the pump. Took it down and replace with a new hose.

After the replacement, try starting the engine, it started and die seconds after that for more than 3 times. The 4th time, the engine can Idle and I press the throttle bit by bit, after around 4krpm, there some sound like it's dying to stuck in air, and eventually the engine turnd off. Start again, this time it runs only for 3 seconds before it off. I don't know what to figure out. Before the hose broken the car is going well, quite pickup and can drive long without any problem.

I didn't replace any parts except the hose.

Below is the chassis number, engine number and the fuel injection model.

1. Please help meeee!!! 馃槶馃槶馃槶
    IMG_20191130_125712.jpg
    IMG_20191130_125737.jpg
    IMG_20191130_125656.jpg
    IMG_20191130_125629.jpg
    IMG_20191130_125750.jpg

1991 500SEC sub 50K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 150K mi. 2018
Hello,

"there some sound like it's dying to stuck in air, and eventually the engine turnd off. Start again, this time it runs only for 3 seconds before it off."

I see in your photos one item that could easily cause the condition you speak of....

It looks to me as though the yellowish plastic vacuum line to the brake servo/booster has been taped at the check valve. You can see it just under the low side A/C hose. Any leak, especially a big one can give symptoms you describe..
I would recommend doing/having done a smoke test to determine where else there might be a vacuum leak.

As an aside, it appears there is a broken clamp caught in the throttle linkage just below the taped line. That could cause an unexpected problem going forward....

Good luck

MBL

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 5.59.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 6.15.32 AM.png

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you and I'll check for it. Btw, you mentioned to do a smoke test, can I know how to do it myself or I need to tow the car to any workshop?

1991 500SEC sub 50K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 150K mi. 2018
Some shops have a 'smoke generator machine'.. Several fellow BW members have done their own smoke tests and posted here..
Do a search in the BW archives....

There are smoke tests posted on youTube as well.

Google is your friend here.

M.

Registered
1989 500SE
It sounds like you have a fuel supply issue.
1. Check your pressures.
2.Check the fuel colour.
W126 fuel tanks have a tendency of rusting inside causing what looks like fine red sand which constantly blocks the filters and screens causing choked pressure

Registered
1989 W124 260E
I would cherck the boost pipe in the picture yellowish nylon pipe .The tape on it is not there for nothing ,,there is a valve on the other side and if damage then it can take in air ..Do you have a filter on the fuel distributor --picture . Remove and clean it .Along with all the fuses in the fuse box . All vacuum pipes for split joints or ellbows.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts