Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, not an electrical guy by any means, more mechanical.
How do I test the rear wiper motor? The connector on the en dof it It has 5 pins. Right side row of pins as you read from top down is 2, 4, 6. Left Side is 1 and 5, and 5 is empty.
I think the colors are green, blue, yellow, black, brown.
Do you know what pins I can put 12v to and which one to put a ground to to see how it reacts? I don't want to just be guessing.

·
Premium Member
10,096 Posts
Interesting question....in the two TE's I've owned, I've never had a rear wiper failure or reason to diagnose. Must be pretty durable. I don't know if they have 12 volts back there continuously and then switched to work the wiper or 12 volts sent back when you select the rear wiper. Also, it you go into reverse with the front wiper on, the rear is supposed to go on as well. Maybe you could wrap little solder pigtails to ea pin and plug them in, test with voltmeter etc.

Or just wait for one of the electrical gurus to see your query and they'll read the schematic. What problems are you having, that might be helpful?

Kevin

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically I hit the switch on the dash, and the relay clicks back there, but no wiper movement. Another relay did the same thing too. I just wanted to jump it to see if I could see if its the motor, as obviously the switch works and the relay clicks.

·
Premium Member
10,096 Posts
Gotcha.......like I said, no rear wiper failure on two TE's, so I can't really advise other than to take the carpet piece off and dig in.

Did the wiper ever slow down or do anything unusual before it quit?

Kevin

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the diagram but I don't know how to read electrical diagrams :(
I was just curious what pin(s) to put 12 volt to with the motor unhooked from its harness by itself to see if it whirrs.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Motor M6/4 (rear wiper motor) pin 3 is ground, and I believe pin 4 is power to run the motor, pin 1 is powered as long as the car is on, so the motor will return to 'home'

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motor M6/4 (rear wiper motor) pin 3 is ground, and I believe pin 4 is power to run the motor, pin 1 is powered as long as the car is on, so the motor will return to 'home'
Thanks, no response whatsoever from the motor putting a battery directly to those pins.

A replacement Ebay one that arrived like 4 days sooner than I thought worked just fine, therefore the old motor was just dead.

·
Premium Member
10,096 Posts
Good this got resolved. The rear wiper motor is very durable......I've seen little in the threads here over the yrs about them. But like any DC motor, they can fail.

Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
Real1shepherd
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing